PC4 Carbine Observations

Help Support Ruger Forum:

arminius

Bearcat
Took my carbine in 40S&W out for the first time today. It had an aftermarket rear peep on it. Took a little bit to dial that in. Once I did, it was doing about 3" groups at 60 yards. I took the peep off and adjusted the rear open sight for the same distance. I could do about 2", five shot groups with that sight from the bench. I was shooting 180gr, LRN, 5 grains of HP38. Chronographed at 1140fps average. Standing, offhand, I could bust clays with boring regularity. That is adequate for me. I tried some aluminum Blazer ammo and stopped when the first round was ripped in half at ejection. Anyone else have this occur? All in all, I am extremely satisfied with this little carbine. It felt very much like an M1 carbine to me.

Retired Guy

Bearcat
Love mine but am considering getting rid of it because the NY idiot politicians. Can't buy spare mags here and have a hard time buying ammunition without a pistol permit. Getting to be not worth the NY BS.

arminius

Bearcat
I sympathize, RG. Lots of people would say "move", but I am not one of them. Someone has to confront the idiots.

arminius

Bearcat
Found a PDF file of the factory manual. They advise no aluminum cased ammunition because of probability of case head seperation. Happened on my first shot with the Blazer ammo. Glad I stopped.

9x19

Hunter
Pistol caliber carbines are a lot of fun, and quite effective within their somewhat limited range.

My favorites aren't Rugers, but I've nothing against the PCs, except for Ruger's poor marketing and the complete lack of after-market support.

1811R

Bearcat
I'm all good here with my PC4, in fact I'm now waiting for my newly found PC9 to arrive from western New York State. I just wish I had picked these two systems up when the were newly minted. Could have saved some cash for ammo... 8)

white01ss

Bearcat
I have both the PC9 and PC4, and I really enjoy the PC9. I have ran a couple mags of blazer through the PC9 with no issues. I have only used brass with the PC4.

m657

Buckeye
I had the PC4 shortly after introduction. While it was 'fun', my use was limited to punching holes in a buddy's collection of junker vehicles he recycled, and I never did find a good excuse to keep it. Then a buddy had his stolen, he whined & moaned & offered a pleasing amount of motivation, and took it home.

....yes....[sound of one hand smacking forehead] yet another good one got away............

Retired Guy

Bearcat
Hard to keep the PC4 here. Looking for a 357 or 44 lever to replace it. With my luck the LEO that checks my mag will count one of the cartridges twice. :lol:

ac12

Bearcat
I got my PC4 after giving up on holding out for a PC45 that Ruger never did make.

donw

Bearcat
in the hi desert of southern california between te
i have the PC9...

accuracy has never been an issue from my experience with it. where it is NOT a 'tack-driver', it certainly is capable of some good groups at reasonable distances. (within 50-60 yds)

it goes "Bang" every time i press the trigger and has never jammed or had failure to feed or extract; it shares magazines and ammo with my P95DC...a great SHTF combo, IMO.

these carbines were designed for LE in an urban environment and as long as we keep that i mind, they will perform fine.

it's a shame that there is no aftermarket accessories or 'gingerbread' items available for them.

unfortunately...they are endangered if certain legislation is passed as being an "Assault rifle"...

Latest posts