PC Carbine w/o Takedown

Help Support Ruger Forum:

noahmercy

Blackhawk
The original Police Carbine (PC-9) was a non-takedown, but requires using P-series magazines. It also has Ruger's integral scope ring mounts, so if you want to put a red dot on it, you'll have to add a Picatinny adapter. And I don't think they had threaded muzzles or reversible bolt handles.

I will say that my zero doesn't shift, not groups open on my new PC Carbine after removing and installing the barrel. The trigger is good, the reliability is exceptional, and the accuracy is far better than I expected. If you just ignored the takedown feature, I think you'd be quite happy with one.

Scatto

Bearcat
Thank you both! I actually have the original PC-9 and it's dead on accurate. A friend of mine was looking to pick one up as well, but it seems the latest generation is take down only. It surprised me because I see that as an "optional" feature but it's seem to make it's way as a "standard".
At the end of the day the PCC is still an incredible value. I might have to pick one up myself! ;)

I have the TD model, as its the only one they make now. The TD feature is there, but doesn't hinder it, just don't take it down. A'lot of guns have features you may not use, keep it put together and forget its there.

hittman

Staff member
I had the same concern about "non takedown" as you when I first starting thinking about one of these.
Guess I assumed they'd be like the 10/22 …. Available either way.
Anywho ….. I bought one used from a member here and have been very pleased with how it performs. And I almost never have the need to take it apart but …., can if I want to.

Doubt you'll regret owning one.

Joezilla

Bearcat
I am looking at the new Smith & Wesson Response. It is a non takedown PCC and it uses Glock mags. That is a big plus for me. I really liked the S&W FPC, but it does NOT use Glock mags so it is a non-starter.

Joe

Latest posts