PC 40 carbine assembly Question.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

38/357

Bearcat
Hi folks , I have a PC4 that i bought new ,one of the later models to be made , I took off the stock from the barrel/receiver for basic cleaning and found that it did not have A receiver spacer or was missing , that little spacer inside the stock under the barrel/receiver , it has A molded shape for it , but it was not there, now the point here is , just one time before , i had A gunsmith clean it for me , i don't know if he Lost it or it came from the factory with out one , this is the second time its ever been take apart, the manual says in reassembly , (ENSURE THAT THE SPACER IS IN PLACE INSIDE THE STOCK IF YOUR CARBINE IS SO EQUIPPED ) do you all think Ruger would know if i gave them the serial and model numbers ? thanks for any info. or opinions.

Looks like a damn two cent washer to me....

So, this is a bump in case someone wants to take their PC4 apart and see if this is some kind of exotic part or not.... then again is it possible that it is the same as on the PC9... if so I can check one of mine... but I don't really remember it on either.

38/357

Bearcat
thanks folks for the help , I will check the serial numbers on my rifle and see if it should have one or so equipped and Brownells has them in stock.

38/357

Bearcat
its A three dollar and ninety nine cent washer , Blume 357 , thanks , but you don't have to go through the trouble , I am going to decode the serial numbers and see , the manual says , if so equipped , i don't understand Ruger at times the way they do things.

yep, but it's a $3.90 washer when you order if for the PC4... it's a two cent washer when you are using it to hold a bracket on the wall....

yep, in the great book Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance the author talks about how most instruction manuals are written... they go down the the factory and ask the forman to loan them somebody to write it... so they pull the most useless person off the job and send them up to corp. to get them out of the way for a while.

38/357

Bearcat
how true ,so the two cent washer and the cost of a small order shipping from brownells will cost about ten bucks.

38/357

Bearcat
Elmstreet , is your carbine one of the later models to be made , like the last few years , ? thanks.