P97dc sans clip?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

dwd

Single-Sixer
I bought a P97dc and picked it up yesterday. When I took it apart I noticed that it didn't have the sans clip and retainer that goes on the end of the camblock/recoil spring assembly. It was hard to reassemble and I thought it was because it was missing these parts.
today I called ruger parts dept and she was not able to locate the part from my description.(the sans clip and retainer that goes on the muzzle end of the camblock/recoil spring assembly) She said her supervisor said some models came with it and some didn't. she then transferred me to tech support and she was unable to locate the part from description. The only thing she could do was send me a manual and have me order it from there.
After I gt off the phone I took apart another P97dc and a P97DAO that I have and neither of those have this retainer and sans clip I thought I was missing. All my P95's have these parts and the camblock/recoil spring assembly are very similar
Do the P97's not have these parts? I thought they did. There is a little ring/groove on the guide rod for the sans clip to fit into.

9x19

Hunter
I'm confused by your terminology as well, "sans" is usually used to mean "without".

You can look at/download the manual for the P97D here:

https://ruger-docs.s3.amazonaws.com/_manuals/p97Decocker.pdf

It does not show any device to capture the spring on the Camblock/Recoil Spring Assembly.

In the P95 manual the parts used to capture the recoil spring on the Camblock/Recoil Spring Assembly are called:

Recoil Spring Collar

Recoil Spring Collar Retainer

HTH

dwd

Single-Sixer
9x19 said:
I'm confused by your terminology as well, "sans" is usually used to mean "without".

HTH

I guess you are right. I re-read a post by cheezwiz where I thought he referred to it as a "sans" clip but if you plug in "without" it works better

I guess that the P97 doesn't use the clip anyway

P95man

Bearcat
I live in Prescott, AZ where the P series are made. I own several P95DAOs and recently bought a P97DAO from GB. I took it to Ruger and they advised the recoil spring on the P97 is not captured. They also were nice enough to replace it for me. Love the gun, favorite .45 ACP auto.

Mark