P345

Help Support Ruger Forum:

stevenwr

Bearcat
Hello, I just picked up a P345...very excited. The previous owner shot it a couple times in IDPA and had "cleaned the rear sight" to dry fire the gun. When I received the gun the parts removed were in a bag. He also removed the firing pin block, spring & plunger along with the mag. disconnect & spring. Without the FP block, spring & plunger would there be any damage to the gun if fired in this config.?

stevenwr

Bearcat
No one? Ok, I`ve read all about the magazine disconnect and it`s removal allow`s dryfiring without a magazine. I`m just wondering if it`s ok to fire the gun with the firing pin block, spring & plunger also removed. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

cjs1945

Single-Sixer
The firing pin block prevents accidental firing if dropped or any time the trigger is not pulled, i would never want to remove it, but pistol should function ok without it. I removed the mag disconnect safety on my P345 as soon as i got it, because i did not like the feature, the pistol has always performed flawlessly and i could never see any advantage to not having the firing pin block.