P345 Technical question

Help Support Ruger Forum:

customf1

Bearcat
My Ruger P345 makes a click sound in Single action mode but it only does it in the following scenerio, When shooting after I empty a magazine the gun locks open , saftey is off (RED) I insert another magazine and release the slide lock which automatically chambers a round, now I am in single action mode. When I go to pull the trigger I hear and feel a slight click sound then continue pulling to fire the round. I called Ruger and talked to a lady who said all the techs were busy but she asked someone else who said the click sound is from trigger bar going over the blocker lever and this is normal. Just wondering if anyone on this forum has had the same thing happen to their P345 and do you agree that its normal?

roylt

Hunter
I had this same thing on my P94. I agree it is the trigger bar. It drags on the frame/slide a bit as it "sets up" for the next shot or trigger pull. When you move the trigger it makes the trigger bar move slightly and fully "set up" as needed. Shouldn't hurt or interfer with anything. You could try to put a little lube on the trigger bar and see if that fixes it.

Keep us posted.

I'm not a gunsmith but like to tinker on the P-guns.