would you like to see a two tone SR1911

• Yes

Votes: 52 39.1%
  • No

Votes: 81 60.9%

• Total voters

Skalkaho Slim

Blackhawk
I'm not a big fan of two tone guns. Not sure why, but I'm not a fan of beer either. Just one of those things. ;)

I'd like to see a nice carbon steel blued model. Even if not blued carbon, I'd like to see an all black one at least.

I say YES. Just because I like the ability to have options. Even IF its not my personal preference. of course I'm not posting this just to justify my selection. i agree, all black or all stainless, not a big two tone fan. But again... see above statement.

DGW1949

Hunter
A "1911A1" copy would be even nicer, and particularly if they'd spend the extra dollar that it would cost them to equipt it with the correct wide-spur hammer.

Other than that, it wouldn't matter to me whether it was stainless or blued. But I would expect it to cost less than their present "semi-custom" version.

DGW

Big Dawg

Bearcat
I am in the process of replacing all the black mim parts on mine with stainless. Guess that kinda kills my 2-tone opinion.

The Wall

Single-Sixer
I've already seen a two tone SR1911, and you need a "I don't care if they make one or not" category. That one get's my vote.

modrifle3

Buckeye
I don't care for the two either but would like a commander size. Just got my SR1911 about 2 months ago. Love it.

Roscoe45

Bearcat
Not a fan of two-tone 1911s. There is a TALO edition SR1911 with a black cerakote slide. I don't care too much for the look. Maybe it looks better in person.

aceed0ee.jpg

GKC

Blackhawk
The poll should have a third option: "I don't care."

That doesn't mean I don't like Ruger and/or the SR1911...what I mean is that it really doesn't matter to me personally if they do or not; it's good to have options for the buying public, and it shouldn't be too hard for Ruger to choose some different finishes.

Like others have said, I would like to see a commander size version.

Charlie U.

Bearcat
I would much rather see an all blue version than a two tone.
How about an all blued SR1911 with a polished high gloss finish like they used to use on the old blackhawks?

Even better.....a full rail version.

Latest posts