One Step Closer

Help Support Ruger Forum:

contender

Ruger Guru
"One other comment; Contender, it would be nice if you could explain the different variations of the .45 LC. Thanks"

Well, drats,, I was hoping to peak your interest enough to where you'd decide to join ROCS,, and also subscribe to the RENE to get the Guide. That way, you could easily look up the model info like I posted,, & understand all the little differences in all these variations.
But here goes;
BKH-44; Blackhawk .45 colt 4-5/8" bbl
BKH-45; Blackhawk .45 Colt 7-1/2" bbl
BKH-44X; Blackhawk .45 acp & .45 Colt, (X is for convertible,) 4-5/8" bbl.
BKH-45X; Blackhawk .45 acp & .45 Colt, (X is for convertible,) 7-1/2" bbl
BKH-44B; Blackhawk .45 Colt with brass grip frame. (B is for brass g/f) 4-5/8" bbl
BKH-45B; Blackhawk .45 Colt with brass grip frame, (B is for brass g/f) 7-1/2" bbl.

Glad to help,, but hey,, we all started somewhere.
The RENE is an excellent newsletter, but the "Reference Guide" is INVALUABLE for study & research into our Rugers.
ROCS is the Ruger Owners & Collectors Society.
Both of these things are something anybody truly interested in Rugers should be a part of.

I am so glad that I have never gotten into "Collecting" that and Gambling. I suppose that I do have a set of or the remains of just about every kind of offset aviation snips made in the last 60 years. Lennox cut more 18ga stainless than all of my others combined. My apprentices would cry "You can't cut 18ga stainless with snips" I would tell them sure you can you just need a MAN behind them.

contender

Ruger Guru
Kudos on being a RENE subscriber. Now,, join ROCS,, and really get into some detailed fun!

BTW; Here's a picture where all (6) variations of the .45's were displayed at a ROCS show.

ROCS-22-12.JPG

A few years ago I got interested in the Ruger New Vaquero Single Action Revolvers. My first was a polished stainless 5 1/2 bbl piece with faux Ivory grips. It was fun to shoot but got a bit expensive so I looked for something cheaper and found a new 5 1/2" bbl, matt stainless 44 Mag that I tried with .44 Spl ammo but found that wasn't the best idea. So my 3rd Vaquero was another 5 1/2" bbl, matt stainless, .357Mag. I immediately like the shooting the these from this fairly heavy revolver and putting all 6 in about a 2" circle at 10m. While I'm overjoyed with everything about the .357 Vaquero, are there any other calibers available for it? Oh, I also bought a couple 22LR Single-Sixes that are a ball to inexpen-sively shoot.
Here are Single -Six 32 Mag Vaqueros and 22 LR
If you reload or start to the 32 are very fun and cheap to shoot. Remember it is sill a 30+ cal bullet so no wimp ;)
1690739188695.png

1690739270749.png

Latest posts