One Piece Yellow Box Dates

Help Support Ruger Forum:

KMK-678GC

Single-Sixer
I am trying to get my boxes organized and make sure they are correct for the revolver. I have a 1990-91 Bisley that has a box dated 1984 on the back. Correct end label, manual, dated correctly, etc.

Curious if anyone has a finger on how long they would use up the supplied boxes? Also possible, knowing Ruger, they find a few of the generic yellow black boxes in storage and put them to good use. I have another early 90s Bisley with a yellow box dated to 1991. Always a mystery with stuff like this, and not always a defenite answer.

From what we recall the one piece, yellow/black boxes came out around 1982 and were used into the 1990's a few years and for a few years MORE as "return" boxes for the safety conversions updated guns, those you may find them stamped on the inside
"Parts located under the flap"....then the grey plastic cases started to be used, then too the Mark IIs that came in the yellow box, had ONE magazine, with the plastic cases they came with TWO mags...:cool:;)

KMK-678GC

Single-Sixer
I found a yellow box that is marked DA 44 MAG on the inside edge. It has no end label, and doesnt look like it ever had one.
No glue or fading like others have. My 10" MkII is the same length as this box. Redhawk box, or without the end label one of the many they send out for shipping back to Ruger? Back is dated April 1991. Any ideas?