One Step Closer

Help Support Ruger Forum:

SBHRSSSSS

Bearcat
Well, I'm now one step closer to my quest of "One of Each Caliber, Unconverted Old Model Blackhawks". Hard to believe I found my most recent addition. I should say, my son found it. Got a call from my son about an unconverted OM Flattop .44 he saw.. I said, are you sure its a Flattop, not a Super Blackhawk? Yes. Have them hold it for me. He called back, its got your name on it. Sure enough, it was an unconverted .44 Flattop Blackhawk. Its just a shooter, with holster wear and a turn line, but, good enough for me. So very happy. One caliber left to go. And a couple of barrel lengths;)

contender

Ruger Guru
Kudos on a good find!!!!!

Many start their "collections" by just looking for "one in each caliber." Then it evolves into; "Well, I need the Flattops, and the protected sight versions."
Then the different barrel lengths. as well as the convertibles.
Then the brass framed guns, then the transition versions, then the long framed vs regular framed, then the different boxes, then the,,,,,,,,,,,,,,!

By then,, you suddenly realize, "Wow,, there are a LOT of variations, and some are HARD to find." (Like a factory shipped brass framed, OM, .41 magnum.)

So,, which one do you need to complete just the basic calibered ones? :D

eveled

Hawkeye
I was just glad when I found an OM Flattop .357, Just so I could have the one that started it all. A full set seems overwhelming.

Kudos to those that pull it off.

"This Thread Is Worthless With Out Pictures" ;)
It's really irritating here in particular. So many threads without pics asking technical questions for crying out loud!!! It's so easy that I can do it. They had to hire me an Administrative Assistant when I got the head QC gig. My wife says I need to take a computer class at the library where the Amish go .

SBHRSSSSS

Bearcat
Hi Ale, Not big on photos online, but, if you give me the info, I might...
Hi Contender, Well, several years ago, it started with a. OM Super Blackhawk, unconverted, about 90%, for $300. Just thought it was a good price.
.Then a Dan Wesson .357. Then an OM Single Six unconverted. A few more Single Sixes. Then a few Protected Sight OM Blackhawk .357's.. Then a .30 Carbine. Then OM .41's in each barrel length. Then a pair of OM Blackhawk .357 Flattops, a 4 5/8" and a 6 1/2", with the "plastic grips" This was exciting (on the same day, same shop), and is a bit of a cool story. Then ... another OM .357 Flattop. Anyway... then my son spotted this one (a great story, but, too long to type) ( I passed on an Protected Ear OM .357 6 1/2" the week before this came up, at the same shop,... part of the story). Now I'm awaiting "The Leading" to the .45LC. Or... another barrel length. Looking forward to the next adventure.
By the way, I'm very hesitant/reluctant to buy online, and ended up getting this, in my hands to look over, locally. Anyway, patience has worked out very well.

It's as simple as touching the icon that looks like a picture and upload up to 10 pictures at a time from the album on your phone. You could also use the paper clip attach files icon to do the same thing.

contender

Ruger Guru
Kudos!

"Now I'm awaiting "The Leading" to the .45LC. Or... another barrel length."

Ok, a .45 cal huh? Well, there were fewer OM 45's built than the .44 FT guns. And heck, there are just 6 major variations of the .45's.
BKH-44
BKH-45
BKH-44X
BKH-45X
BKH-44B
BKH-45B

Gee,, now doesn't that look promising? :D

Just jerking your chain a little.
The .45's are a favorite of mine.

Of course,, there are the 10" Flattops in .357 & .44.
Keep at it,,, as the fun (partially) is in the hunt for the next one. Heck, I'm just glad to have recently added my first "White Box Super Blackhawk" to my bunch! That one has taken a while to get.
Now,, I'm kinda (quietly) seeking a "Long Frame" Super. Then the next one will be,,,,!

As Stated
1690635013466.png

1690635056137.png

1gunsnotenough

Buckeye
Well I feel your joy or pain. I to started on a mission. Mine was to get one of every Mark II Target Model .22 or variation that was made. Well then accidentally it became two or multiples of each Model or variation. Last week I got in a factory D&T KMK512. Been hunting a nice one for a few years. Now I'm getting pretty close to having all the D&T versions.
20230729_115448.jpg

.30 Carbine, 357 Magnum, .41 Magnum, .44 Magnum, .45 Colt. There were .357 Mag/9mm and .45LC/.45 ACP Convertables
A few years ago I got interested in the Ruger New Vaquero Single Action Revolvers. My first was a polished stainless 5 1/2 bbl piece with faux Ivory grips. It was fun to shoot but got a bit expensive so I looked for something cheaper and found a new 5 1/2" bbl, matt stainless 44 Mag that I tried with .44 Spl ammo but found that wasn't the best idea. So my 3rd Vaquero was another 5 1/2" bbl, matt stainless, .357Mag. I immediately like the shooting the these from this fairly heavy revolver and putting all 6 in about a 2" circle at 10m. While I'm overjoyed with everything about the .357 Vaquero, are there any other calibers available for it? Oh, I also bought a couple 22LR Single-Sixes that are a ball to inexpen-sively shoot.

SBHRSSSSS

Bearcat
Sorry guys, pictures on line are just not my thing. One or two will lead to more. I will leave you with this- 2984X, $547

SBHRSSSSS

Bearcat
One other comment; Contender, it would be nice if you could explain the different variations of the .45 LC. Thanks