OM .45 4&5/8" convertable

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Aggie01

Blackhawk
Picked this one up tonight. It's in pretty rough shape.
Not sure of its fate yet. It would letter as a convertable, and the .45 ACP cylinder is in the gun.
Whats a value on parting it out? the gas ring has been milled off the front of the cylinder and it will take a weld/bushing job to fix it.

Grip frame looks like ruger, but the location of the MR3-DB name casting has been dremel'ed out. I'lll take more pics as I disassemble it.

Brassgripframe45.jpg

flatgate

Hawkeye
Cool item to have. The s/n looks "too low" to "letter" as a BKH-44B, however one should investigate to be sure.

Cylinder missing the "gas ring"? Ron Power makes one and the job ain't all that difficult at a shop with the right tools.

Nice wood.

What in the heck is that "device" in the upper LH corner of the image?

flatgate

Aggie01

Blackhawk
flatgate":1ixz8d8i said:
Cool item to have. The s/n looks "too low" to "letter" as a BKH-44B, however one should investigate to be sure.
Thats what the nice lady at Ruger records told me. 45-12826
And the 45 acp cylinder in the gun is engraved on the cylinder (on the rear) with the last three digits of the S/N
does NOT latter as brass gripped tho.
flatgate":1ixz8d8i said:
What in the heck is that "device" in the upper LH corner of the image?

flatgate

It's a "prototype loading gate" according the the little baggie it came in. note all the grinding around the loading gate on the gun. I'll take a pic when I can play with it more.

Aggie01

Blackhawk
Well, I'll be danged.
This show was worth the price of admission.
That little doohickey is a custom loading gate that allows loading and unloading without placing the gun on half cock or opening a loading gate.
I'm not saying I like it. I'm not saying I'm not gonna fix it. I just understand it.
DSCN0807.jpg

Aggie01

Blackhawk
there is a spring loaded smaller doohickey that keeps pressure on it. you can just barely see it at the juncture of the cylinder and the case. when loading, it pushes down into the frame of the gate, then springs back up to rest against the case head.

I'm gonna have to get this grip frame and grips over the the classifieds before i get too attached...

HAWKEYE#28

Staff member
Proves that "bizarre" is not just a small church picnic...............I have always been in some form of "wonder", regarding those who do "things" like this, to an already perfectly functioning item. In this case, I "wonder" what the h**l is wrong with them......... :roll: :shock:

Aggie01

Blackhawk
flatgate":7giwnv95 said:
Well said, Splitz!

:shock:

That poor ol' Blackhawk sure needs some skilled help.........

flatgate

Alan Harton got pictures before I bought it. It can be saved.

Aggie01

Blackhawk
tek4260":12go3ous said:
There is a thread here about this gun when it was for sale on GunBroker.

Can you point me at it?

I'm a sucker for fixer uppers. Wish I never would have seen it. The OM 45 ACP cylinder pushed me over the edge.