Old Model Blackhawk value question ***Pics added***

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Shaylex

Bearcat
I am hoping that those of you more knowledgeable than I can give me your opinions on the current value of an Old Model Blackhawk I have.

The details...
6 and 1/2" barreled .357 unconverted. According to serial number, it dates to 1968.
Accompanied by numbers matching box in very nice shape. Also has warranty card that was never filled out.
This gun has never been fired by me. It appears as though it may possibly be unfired, but I cannot guarantee it.
There is no turn line to speak of, and only the slightest of marks beginning to show on the cylinder notches. There is a very small amount of bluing wear visible at the muzzle and at the end of the ERH. I am assuming this came from 44 years of residing in it's box.
The grips don't have a mark on them.
All in all, it really is a beautiful gun.

Your thoughts on current value?

Thanks for your time.
Brian

contender

Ruger Guru
Welcome back lurker! :D
(I see you joined 3 yrs ago & only have 8 posts,,,! )

Ok, the gun. To many of the serious collectors, it's the details. Since you mentioned it's a 1968 gun, it's in that era of the start of the prefix serial numbers. It can make a small difference in price if it's a non-prefix, vs a prefix gun. Next,, due to the quantity of OM 357's the actual serial number can make a difference to someone looking for a specific number to be consecutive to one of theirs.
All that said,, if it's a prefix gun, and nothing desirable to a numbers person,, I'd place it in the $550-$600 range for a nice package. A bit more if you have the brown shipper to go over the box.

Shaylex

Bearcat
I appreciate all the input so far. I'll add some pics to view.

IMG_3563.jpg

IMG_3559.jpg

IMG_3564.jpg

IMG_3565.jpg

IMG_3561.jpg

IMG_3566.jpg

IMG_3567.jpg

IMG_3568.jpg

IMG_3569.jpg

Shaylex

Bearcat
Ale-8(1) said:
Really nice package.

Congrats.

:)

Thank you.

Can anyone tell me what else would have come with this gun when new? What I have shown in the pics is what I have... gun, warranty card, and box with nothing else. Obviously missing the owner's manual. Anything besides that needed to complete the package?

Nice gun, and as noted the shipper and the oil wrap woul dbe nice 'added' features...here is the sister to your gun, shipped May 1968

bkh36serialno.jpg

we've been asking $600 for it the past few shows, and no takers yet,boxed,papers, wrap,but no shipper.............

notice how the serial numbers are also 'atilt'....... :roll:

Lefever

Bearcat
I also have a visual twin to yours only in 41 mag. It laid first in my Dad's safe for years unfired and then in my safe for a few years unfired. Recently I've started to shoot it a little, 50 rounds or so. It' s wonderfully accurate and recoil with 210 gr JHP ammo is comfortable. Last year I hunted Missouri deer with a scoped SRH in 44 mag. The hunt was fun even though I managed to take only a doe. This year the plan is to use the 41, open sights. I do have the brown outer shipping carton and the oil paper in the Ruger box.

eveled

Hawkeye
rugerguy said:
Nice gun, and as noted the shipper and the oil wrap woul dbe nice 'added' features...here is the sister to your gun, shipped May 1968

bkh36serialno.jpg

we've been asking $600 for it the past few shows, and no takers yet,boxed,papers, wrap,but no shipper.............

notice how the serial numbers are also 'atilt'....... :roll:

I like the S/N ends in 357! I think they are both worth the $600. Ed.