Old Flattop 357

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Dave T

Single-Sixer
It's always nice when you buy something from a picture, then get the real deal in your hands and find it nicer than you thought it was going to be. That was the case with this 1958 vintage Blackhawk Flattop:

IMG_0035.jpg

Not my first Flattop but the first with the 4-5/8" barrel and the original factory hard rubber (plastic?) stocks. I really like the 3-screw Ruger Blackhawks and I love the Flattops. This one isn't pristine but then I'm a collector of shooters so it will soon make a trip to the range. (smile)

Dave

maxpress

Buckeye
nice deal.
just went to a WAY overpriced gun show today. but everybody seemed to be selling 3 screw 357s for a reasonable price. evrything else was at least $150 over what it shoulda been.
dont know why since it seems these are in demand. all my single actions are .44-.45 though

maxpress

Buckeye
Curio Bill":1r3hhumd said:
If it's not too personal a question, how many Fed reserve Notes would such a fine flattop go for these days??

they were in the high 300s to low 400s at the gun show i went to.

americal

Hunter
T---That is just right for shooter :) WELL DONE :!: my favorite barrel length in 357--Flattop I know you are happy--I sure would be :D

Curio Bill

Bearcat
maxpress":1ntzyvu7 said:
Curio Bill":1ntzyvu7 said:
If it's not too personal a question, how many Fed reserve Notes would such a fine flattop go for these days??

they were in the high 300s to low 400s at the gun show i went to.
Maybe it's just that I am now interested in them that I can't find them (kinda like hunting deer or squirrels) but I haven't been able to find ANY flattops (and precious few Old Models) at the last two shows I attended. If I were to see that gun & barrel length for @$500 at a show, it WOULD have a new home. Very Sweet........Pardon my lust...... :oops:

Dave T

Single-Sixer
Curio Bill,

Not that it's too personal but I don't tell anyone what I pay for guns any more. Far too many people are willing to tell you how stupid you are for paying $XXX when they can buy them all the time for half that.

The price I paid was what I was willing to spend after a lot of searching and considering other examples of the same model in better and worse condition. Most of them had higher prices than the one I bought but a few didn't. In today's market, considering they aren't making these anymore, I'm happy with the deal. Hope you can find one at a price you're willing to pay.

Dave

Curio Bill

Bearcat
Dave T":19u3zkj3 said:
Curio Bill,

Not that it's too personal but I don't tell anyone what I pay for guns any more. Far too many people are willing to tell you how stupid you are for paying $XXX when they can buy them all the time for half that.

The price I paid was what I was willing to spend after a lot of searching and considering other examples of the same model in better and worse condition. Most of them had higher prices than the one I bought but a few didn't. In today's market, considering they aren't making these anymore, I'm happy with the deal. Hope you can find one at a price you're willing to pay.

Dave
That's understandable. I have had the EXACT thing happen to me before, gets kinda irritating to say the least. I meant what I said, SWEET gun, Enjoy!!!!