Old Dogs, children, and watermelon wine

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I've never tried watermelon wine. When I was little, I do remember my dad making wine in the basement. He had those big glass bottles and hoses to decant.

We grew grapes in the backyard, quite a few actually. But I also remember he made dandelion wine. I was too young to try any, so can't say if it was good or not.

nvbirdman

Blackhawk
When that song came out, one of our local liquor stores got some watermelon wine in so I bought a bottle. It was good, but I liked the song better.

Hey "T Bird" isn't to bad mixed with a little 7UP. We drank that stuff in USAF along with MD.
My Dad and a friend made Blackberry wine one year. Yea you guessed it I was the picker and I hate those sticky bushes.
Heck, when I was USAF we drank, literally, anything with alcohol in it. Usually the cheaper and higher the alcohol content the better.

Heck, when I was USAF we drank, literally, anything with alcohol in it. Usually the cheaper and higher the alcohol content the better.
Pitorro is something that will lift the top of your head off and make you see things! Puerto Rican moonshine or as my buddy Luis says Moon-Chine.... He gave me a jug of it and one shot or chot was enough for me...

eveled

Hawkeye
Love the song. The man was a masterful story teller. Don't forget he wrote the Harper Valley PTA not only a hit for Jeannie C Riley, but it was made into a movie.

How many songs get made into a movie?

As far as wine goes. Other than cooking I cannot stand the stuff. I'd prefer a nice bottle of vinegar for salad than a bottle of wine.

I saw this post two days ago and really passed it on by and then yesterday I was headed to the post office to get a money order for the watch I bought here from a fellow member and my iPhone has recently decided on what songs I like and picks them off the internet... guess which song started playing?

eveled

Hawkeye
I listened to a lot of Tom T Hall when I was young. he had an impact on my life. So many of his songs mean so much to me. His album covers and sleeves were always well written

In one story he said "Iquit drinking because I was tired of doing stupid things. Turns out I do stupid things when I'm sober too!"

This one has probably saved my marriage several times. When something happens and you have to say something, but saying anything will make it worse.

"Your man loves you honey, I don't know what else to say"

I even had a Clayton Delaney in my life.

Last edited: