Oh, Deer Me!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

XP100

Blackhawk
I have shot, processed, & eaten white tail deer. I also hit one with my truck back in '16 very shortly after I bought it new. I also enjoy watching them when given the chance.

Edited To Add: You wouldn't believe how mad my wife got when a deer ate the hydrangea bush I got her down all the way to the ground. I thought it would come back so I left it alone. A year or two later it was starting to get some size to it again & look a little pretty. It happened again. I gave up & got rid of it.
What did you get rid of the bush or the deer ??

Mike J

Hunter
What did you get rid of the bush or the deer ??
The bush. I never saw the deer. It was coming through either when I was gone to work or at night. I could use a bow here but it would not be a good idea to shoot a deer appropriate firearm here. Too many houses, too close.

Ride1949

Hunter
16967415762288550950545542943475.jpg

Elk - seen and eaten
Caribou - seen
Moose - seen and eaten
Key - seen
White tail - seen, petted, hunted, eaten, been hit by them in multiple vehicles
Had goat cheese but not goat milk
We raised and butchered large whites growing up but I never had any bacon I didn't like
Dogs - Dalmatian and Jack Russell

Ride1949

Hunter
Most notable is a muley with a motocycle

You had a guardian angel riding with you that time. One of my old riding buddies was moving along at pretty good clip, heading home on a backroad after work one evening on his bike when he hit one. Both he and the deer where dead when someone finally found them.

RIP Naguethey

Last edited:

larry8

Blackhawk
Same here, I met that same Bambi when i was in Thailand. She was with me for 2 weeks then she went up to Chang Mi and never returned.

carbonfibrebob

Single-Sixer
You had a guardian angel riding with you that time. One of my old riding buddies was moving along at pretty good clip, heading home on a backroad after work one evening on his bike when he hit one. Both he and the deer where dead when someone finally found them.

RIP Naguethey

I was doing about 70 when it happened, never saw it till it was on the white stripe on the right side of the lane. Steep incline on that side of the road. Happened at dusk and I believed then and always will that the yard rats run at headlights. My head light hit it in the belly, cut him in half, gutted him and quartered the rear, I was over the front and on the road sliding. Very lucky

Latest posts