Odd Blackhawk

Help Support Ruger Forum:

JCW64

Single-Sixer
Yes, Buckeye Sports in Ohio from around 1989 if it was factory. As mentioned it would have been a convertible.

weaselmeatgravy

Staff member
If it is a Buckeye, it will have a 610 serial number prefix and the topstrap will have the Buckeye leaf like this:
buckeye.jpg

I sold one with only the 32-20 cylinder a couple years ago and think I got $750 shipped, so about the same price as the one you found. It had the box, papers, and shipper. Just no .32 H&R cyl.

Green Frog

Single-Sixer
With just the one cylinder and none of the rest of its original kit, I'd say $699 is pretty much all of the money. Bought one several years ago in about 98% condition with both cylinders, box and dox and even the outer box (sleeve) for about $1100 complete.
if, on the other hand, you're in the market for one of the best 32/20s ever built, it's worth a hard look. Up to you.
Froggie 🐸

If I may suggest that unless the LGS has a regular Ruger clientele the 32-20 will probably sit in the case for a while. If you were interested and cash poor I would go in and make him an offer of around 5 to 550 and tell him that if he decides to take your offer to give you a call. I imagine he will hold it for a while and then the next time you go in if it's still there, you can possibly negotiate a better price. In your favor, of course. And the condition you stay with no extra cylinder or vox I think you're $550 is close to tops.