NM Blackhawk question

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Rat76

Single-Sixer
I was on the Ruger site looking up the build date on the 45 cal Blackhawk I inherited a number of years ago. I came up with this.

1682696559506.jpeg

Does this mean that this gun was originally shipped as a convertible? AFAIK this gun was bought used & Brad didn't have the box.

Another question, which grips fit this gun? No marks on the grip frame except an 'L' in the lower left corner of the LH side. I want to replace the black plastic with wood.

Thanks in advance

hittman

Staff member
Maybe your grip frame info is here ….

Rat76

Single-Sixer
To answer your first question, yes.

Hmmmmm. I actually am glad I sold the P90 a few years ago. I believe I can control the OCD in this case, I hope. I really don't need another caliber.

Maybe your grip frame info is here ….

Thanks, XR3-RED it is.

yes, as long as they are flaired out at the bottom, and have the "notch" cutout top front of both panels you'll be OK...............some of the newer guns now have that flat , straight down the back like the original XR-3 panels and NO notch at the top, odd that there is no marking, on the grip frame itself.........:unsure:

Rat76

Single-Sixer
I spotted the flared bottom. I noticed at least one of my Blackhawks had a marked XR3-RED grip frame when I was deep cleaning all of them last month. I'll double check it's panels on the 45 to make sure.

I think I'll run the rest of my Ruger S/Ns thru & see what other surprises I find.