Nice to meet you all

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Welcome aboard!
35AE0B9D-0162-48A2-BF2F-815E465C3471.gif

Congrats on your two new Rugers! The Mark IV Target is a fine pistol if I do say so myself.

buckaroo

Banned
Howdy Ms. Bear, you got it right, just don't get to comfortable with that .22, use it to train with only and have fun but get proficient with that nine if you plan on carrying. Far to many people get scared away from recoil because of the pea shooters hence why so many feel they need a 2 pound stainless steel brick to feel comfortable with it. Learn to roll with it and before you know it you'll be just as comfortable shooting that 9.

Always nice to see woman in the hobby and we got some gals out here that put it to shame as they say. I live in a predominate senior apt. housing, it's mostly woman, well over the years we've been dropping like flies so they couldn't keep the apts. full and changed who can live here. And over the last couple years or so they've been moving in some real young low-lives.

Most of the older tenants are all on fixed incomes so we do the best we can, that includes where we can shoot and some of us know some nice BLM spots we go out to shoot on. One day I'm out at a spot and this gal pulls in and you have to be as careful as you would at a range parking lot because they'll jack you for your guns. Anyway she looked familiar, I later figured out where I seen her before, she lives at my building.

I kid you not, this gal ain't a day under 75 at least, she sets up a target and she's blasting away and it wasn't with a pea shooter either. Pity the scumbag who ever try's to break into her apt. or try's to assault her.

Ride1949

Hunter
Welcome from Oregon. Congrats on your new Rugers. Relax and enjoy the forums. Plenty of good and knowledgeable folks on here.

Don't be intimidated by those who will tell you what caliber and type gun you need for whatever purpose you have in mind. Learn to enjoy and become reasonably proficient with your new guns and then decide for yourself what it is that you might want to use for a carry gun, a home defense gun, or any other gun need. And specifically, while a 22 caliber handgun is not the ideal for personal defense, it certainly beats having no gun at all. Personally, my Mark IV is the gun that I enjoy shooting the most, so if the same is true for you just keep shooting it.

SnortyBear

Bearcat
Howdy Ms. Bear, you got it right, just don't get to comfortable with that .22, use it to train with only and have fun but get proficient with that nine if you plan on carrying. Far to many people get scared away from recoil because of the pea shooters hence why so many feel they need a 2 pound stainless steel brick to feel comfortable with it. Learn to roll with it and before you know it you'll be just as comfortable shooting that 9.

Always nice to see woman in the hobby and we got some gals out here that put it to shame as they say. I live in a predominate senior apt. housing, it's mostly woman, well over the years we've been dropping like flies so they couldn't keep the apts. full and changed who can live here. And over the last couple years or so they've been moving in some real young low-lives.

Most of the older tenants are all on fixed incomes so we do the best we can, that includes where we can shoot and some of us know some nice BLM spots we go out to shoot on. One day I'm out at a spot and this gal pulls in and you have to be as careful as you would at a range parking lot because they'll jack you for your guns. Anyway she looked familiar, I later figured out where I seen her before, she lives at my building.

I kid you not, this gal ain't a day under 75 at least, she sets up a target and she's blasting away and it wasn't with a pea shooter either. Pity the scumbag who ever try's to break into her apt. or try's to assault her.

Yes there sure are a lot of women learning to shoot. I will definitely be practicing with the 9. I am just a beginner and haven't really ever shot before this. I'm mostly proficient with a compound bow. So yeah the recoil on the 9 was unexpected to me.

I'm taking lessons so the teacher said that the 22 is good to get the basics down with first and then we shoot the 9 at the end of the lesson. I must say it's a very fun sport.

Thanks for sharing the story of the elderly lady blasting away at the BLM land!! That's so great! She's taking precautions maybe due to the lowlifes you mentioned moving in. Good for her!

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
Welcome, Ma'am!

You have joined one of the most learned and gentle groups you will find anywhere!

We'd appreciate hearing more about you and from you.

Bob Wright

SnortyBear

Bearcat
Don't be intimidated by those who will tell you what caliber and type gun you need for whatever purpose you have in mind. Learn to enjoy and become reasonably proficient with your new guns and then decide for yourself what it is that you might want to use for a carry gun, a home defense gun, or any other gun need. And specifically, while a 22 caliber handgun is not the ideal for personal defense, it certainly beats having no gun at all. Personally, my Mark IV is the gun that I enjoy shooting the most, so if the same is true for you just keep shooting it.
Hi Vito,
I plan on getting proficient with what I have and also plan on getting a long gun or two and am really looking forward to using those too. I think the 9 will be my protection gun for sure, as it's smaller in size and easy to hide. I just need a lot more practice with it. Have also started lifting weight to get my arms stronger! Haha
I do love shooting that 22 and am having much fun with it. Thanks for your reply