New SS Hunter - UPDATED

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Jayhawkhuntclub

Buckeye
I got my SS Hunter from Bud's today. It looks fantastic. Fit and finish are probably as good or better than any Ruger I've ever bought. The trigger is the typical crap that you get on a Ruger SA: tons of creep. But I'll take care of that. It did come with a red case too. These are obviously, left over case from an anniversary gun: Maybe the SBH Anniversary gun? They have the inset for the fancy anniversary logo on the top, but no logo (looks crappy). The case clearly wasn't made for this gun. Oh well, I can live with the case. I can't wait to shoot it. BTW, manufacture date was November 2009.

Quarterbore

Blackhawk
Is the barrel marked "Newport NH" or "Southport Conn" I think I still need a SS Hunter with teh Newport NH markings for my set but to be honest I have not looked at my list in a while...

cgb

Bearcat
Glad to hear it's all good. Mine was pretty screwed up, and has been back at ruger for 40 days now. Seems like Ruger quality control is hit or miss these days.

Jayhawkhuntclub

Buckeye
I hope you'll give us an update when all is said and done cgb! Hopefully, they'll do you right.

Yeah, I guess I got lucky. Outside of the excessive creep in the trigger, all looks good. The timing is excellent and the cylinder gap is right between 0.003 and 0.004". Ultimately how it shoots will tell me just how good it really is. I made a deal with myself that I won't shoot it until I lose my holiday weight. It's only about 5 lbs, but it may take a while. It should provide me with some good motivation though. :wink:

BuckJM53

Single-Sixer
Congrats on your new SS Hunter ... make sure we get pictures and targets after its maiden voyage!