New SR1911

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Thunderhawk

Single-Sixer
Today I was checking out a new gun store in a nearby town, and he had a SR1911 in the case. Well, the shop owner, (smart man!) pulled it out of the case and said "here, you have to feel it!" So I did. Bought some powder, and left to do some food shopping with my wife. When she finished at the market she told me "Oh, go back and get it, you know you want to!"
And she was right. My old Marine Corps heart was screaming at me "GET IT! GET IT!" So I went back and brought it home.
I am so excited! Can't wait for the 70mph winds to die down so I can go shoot it in.

Chuck 100 yd

Hunter
Cool !!! I shot my new SR 1911 Commander for the first time this morning. I only shot loads that have proven themselves in my 5" SR 1911, but it shot all of them with exceptional accuracy and no FTF issues. It is every bit as accurate as the 5" and I was blown away with how the 5" shot the first time out.

Chuck 100 yd

Hunter
No sight issues as of yet although I have replacement Novak front sights in transit for both of my SR1911`s just in case. My parts box is full of spares that haven t been needed.
There was very light rusting on the sides of the hammer right out of the box. A little 0000 steel wool and oil cleaned it right off. It will be kept oiled from this point forward. Not a big deal at all.
They are SWEET shooters for sure. :D

Edwin : O'Keefe

Bearcat
The SR right out of the box is the most accurate 1911 I have fired/owned.......Former jarhead myself, love this
pistol, would never sell it......

sousana

Single-Sixer
Your gonna love it.

Brings back memories, your story. Years back, 80s, I was at a gs that had a colt python 4" blue for sale at $635. Got home then decided I had to have it, at the gs, the owner told me not 5 min ago it went into layaway so off I went dejected. Six weeks later, I stopped into buy ammo, the owner pulled out the python from his safe and said " I've been holding this for you, the guy missed two payments so he lost the weapon."

Itook the weapon and it never left my hands for the rest of the night. Treated myself to a deep dish godfathers pizza in celebration.

Moral of the story, you see it, you buy it. If you have a good relationship with your dealer, he'll hold it till its paid off. I once took 6 months to pay off a pair of colt hbars.

JEA1957

Bearcat
+1-You ARE gonna love it! Bought mine last fall, but barely had time to shoot a box of factory ammo before weather got cold/snowy and stayed that way till just recently. Mine shoots everything with no issues and is ACCURATE! As long as I do my part, it will shoot a ragged hole out to 15 yards. Haven't shot any farther yet, but will. So glad I got the Ruger, as soon as they offer a 9mm SR1911-I'll be getting one!

Folks are pretty territorial and defensive of their personal choice of 1911's. Some of these fellers can be very critical if someone has a different favorite.

If a feller shoots what he likes, that's his choice.

I own some 1911's that are substantially more expensive than my Ruger 1911's, but my Rugers have become the only 1911's that I've shot since I bought my first SR1911. Mine work flawlessly, and are more accurate than any entry level 1911 has a right to be.

You made a good choice with the SR1911.

WAYNO.

Thunderhawk

Single-Sixer
Because I had been living in California I couldn't get one, and in fact, this was the first one I had seen. And since Ruger is my favorite manufacturer (I have more Rugers than any other brand) I just had to get the SR1911.