New Ruger SR-556c...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

JeepVideo

Bearcat
Read the review and it was interesting. I guess the question will come down to why someone wants to purchase one of these to decide if the "c" is better than the original.

When I handled the SR-556 it did feel a little heavy but I'm sure that's something you get used to. Also the notion that the weight will help in reacquiring a sight picture has some interest to me... anyone able to discuss that some more? Is the half-pound difference between the two that much of an issue? (for general carrying of the weapon and as regards reacquisition of your target)

Thanks!

The Wall

Single-Sixer
JeepVideo":2j38lmg2 said:
Read the review and it was interesting. I guess the question will come down to why someone wants to purchase one of these to decide if the "c" is better than the original.

When I handled the SR-556 it did feel a little heavy but I'm sure that's something you get used to. Also the notion that the weight will help in reacquiring a sight picture has some interest to me... anyone able to discuss that some more? Is the half-pound difference between the two that much of an issue? (for general carrying of the weapon and as regards reacquisition of your target)

Thanks!
I just purchased the 556C today. I had been looking at the 556 and that is what I originally was going to get. I did some reading on it and watched the GunBlast review and decided to go with the latest. There are currently 3 models of the SR 556. I will post again after I try it out. The gun shop said it should be in by Wednesday 6/5/10. I will be a couple of weeks before I get to the range with it.