new ruger model? RPRAP?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

huntsman22

Blackhawk
I added a Redneck Precision scope level today.....

IMG_8955_zpswiuydyxf.jpg

jcart

Single-Sixer
huntsman22 said:
If you are going to try to use the LSS on your RPR, what trigger, shroud, safety and barrel nut system are you going to use?

Don't see any mention- appears to be bolt in
http://www.tacticalworks.com/LSS-Ruger-American-Short-Action-Chassis-by-MDT.html
Features:
Fits Ruger American short action
Aluminum construction with type III mil spec anodizing
Free floating barrel for improved accuracy
Uses AICS style magazines in .223 or .308
Accepts any collapsible AR-15 buttstock
Fixed stock adapter accessory is available (needed for UBR installation)
Accepts AR-15 non-beavertail pistol grips
Mission Adaptable, Fully Modular
Easy installation
LSS Chassis Completion kit available here
MDT's polymer magazines in .223 or .308 available
Mounting hardware included
Total Chassis weight 1.6 lbs

**Ruger American and Ruger Scout LSS Chassis are a NEW product for MDT and there are some variations between different rifles. The chassis may require some modifications, in particluar with the Predator and Precision models.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kstWUpK13Dw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhddnURwdkk

huntsman22

Blackhawk
jcart said:
The chassis may require some modifications, in particluar with the Predator and Precision models.

You didn't see this? I mean, the Precision may need 'modded' part? Do you have a machine shop? Can you mill out the chassis for the barrel nut? Can you drill and modify it for the AR style safety? Can you deal with the lack of tang on the trigger housing? I guess you can fill it in with epoxy and repaint.... The bolt shroud hitting you in the teeth won't bother you when operating the bolt?

jcart

Single-Sixer
For some reason I was under the impression this would work with my Ruger 308 Predator rifle.
As to the vids, it appeared to be a drop-in with maybe with minor fitting.

huntsman22

Blackhawk
jcart said:
For some reason I was under the impression this would work with my Ruger 308 Predator rifle.
As to the vids, it appeared to be a drop-in with maybe with minor fitting.

In my best coolhand Luke voice," What we have heah, is a failure to communicate".....

cart, What exactly do you have? A ruger american predator? This will work in the LSS.

Or the RPR you said you had? Twice. The RPR stands for Ruger Precision Rifle. And it won't work in a LSS unless you make the changes I mentioned

jcart said:
I have an 18" RPR in 308 that I am considering doing this to.
Thanks.

jcart said:
Thanks, I did not see the folder option when purchasing the LSS for my RPR.
Found it.

jcart

Single-Sixer
The Ruger Predator rifle is what I have.

Just got done looking over the Ruger Precision rifle.
Nice looking. Out of my price range, no needs or wants for it.
I understand the confusion.

huntsman22

Blackhawk
jcart said:
The Ruger Predator rifle is what I have.

No it's not. You have no clue what you have.

Is it a Ruger American Predator model? Or is it the original Ruger Predator (Hawkeye) model?

THIS is the real Ruger Predator rifle.
IMG_5231_zps62426d9e.jpg

top: Ruger American Predator, Mid: Ruger Precision Rifle, Bottom: Ruger Hawkeye Predator
IMG_6381_zpsmbrx82ki.jpg

huntsman22

Blackhawk
jcart said:
Just got done looking over the Ruger Precision rifle.
Nice looking. Out of my price range,

My Ruger Precision cost me $908.

Your American pred was about $400. Your LSS was $400. 2 Ruger branded plastic Scout/AICS mags will run you $80 (a pair of steel mags $150), An EGW 20moa base will be another $40. A carbine tube/castlenut is another $15, A magpul MOE is $40-50, A magpul cheekriser will add another $15. Also, the machine work (or your labor) to make the LSS work correctly on your predator, will run close to another $100 bucks. So your LSS (stocked and properly set up) American will cost MORE than Whittakers price on a new Precision...... Go figger.

Dave H

Bearcat
Thanks. I thought it was a Harvester. I just bought an American Predator Ranch in 5.56 done in the Kryptek camo. I wanted a can for it and looked at the Harvester, but ended up going a different route (GMT-Halo) just because of the size. I didn't want to turn a 16" "truck gun" into a 26" or 30" (I can't remember the exact length of the Harvester.) barreled rifle. Anyways...I like your RPR set up.

1Gifford

Bearcat
Huntsman....You have a great collection of creedmores!!!

What kind of paint did you use on your American Predator? Any insights and secrets to a great paint job would be most helpful! :D

huntsman22

Blackhawk
Krylon Fusion khaki and black webbing/marbelizing spray and matte clearcoat. degrease, mask, shoot, dry between coats and very light coats with the clear.