New Ruger .22 Revolver Introduced

Help Support Ruger Forum:

S'pose maybe Ruger waited to see how the new Wranglers were received by the marketplace before committing to a huge production run? Might be a partial explanation for the seeming "shortage" of these new offerings. Just a thought.

contender

Ruger Guru
louie,, my laughter was directly a result of the thought of all the comments HERE about putting Heritage out of business. It was funny hearing a non-forum member say that.

My desire is that Heritage not go under,, but instead work hard at IMPROVING their line of firearms to where people do not criticize them. We got a large part of the 1968 GCA because of "Cheap Saturday Night Specials." (The name the media gave many guns.)

louiethelump said:
How would Heritage "let" dealers sell at any set price? That would be illegal. Manufacturers can control how much retailers ADVERTISE the item, under penalty of not being allowed to buy them in the future for violation. Guns are SOLD and paid for by the dealer (either cash or credit) and dealers can pretty much sell them for whatever they want. Just guessing here, but I am thinking dealers are lowering the prices on their Heritage an using that money for other things, like Wranglers.

But that is just a guess. You may know some secret Heritage cartel that fixes prices of their $149.00 guns.

No one is suggesting price fixing...but If Heritage lowers its wholesale price to dealers...guess what happens?

Sorry to have confused you :roll:

grobin

Blackhawk
A vendor (Heratige) in their contract to dealers can specify the sales price. This is very common in the EU & much of asia. Festool does this, and it's legal in the US & Canada. Illegal price fixing is when the cable companies and Telcos get together to bribe politicians and set prices between companies, eliminating competition.

louiethelump

Buckeye
Well, I suspect that Heritage, like most gun manufacturers, does not sell directly to dealers. The go through distributors, who sell to the dealers.

Heritage may be an exception and sell dealer direct. Companies such as Bond Arms, North American Arms, and others do not sell dealer direct and gun dealers are required to buy GUNS from warehouse distributors.

I am not knowledgeable about how things are done in Europe, so will say no more about that.

It does not really matter and we have drifted off of the subject of RUGER WRANGLERS. If you wish to believe the manufacturers control prices in America, other than by setting a "suggested retail price" you are free to believe anything you want.

There is a profit layer in the gun industry that many are not aware of even though it is not really a secret. Your local dealer does not call up gun manufacturers other than maybe very small workshop gun makers like possibly Volquartsen, and order guns. The dealer orders from a company like RSR, Ellet Brothers (are they still around?) Davidson's, Lipsey's, etc. and orders their guns. The prices vary a bit as do the lines of guns they carry.

But I am sure most of you know that.

If you have doubts, contact your local gun-shop and ask what distributor they buy from. Most have 2 or 3 distributors, some more.

grobin

Blackhawk
You are right that most guns go through distributers, but Barrett, Accuracy International, Mossberg, among others sell direct to dealers and individuals. Yes you still go through a FFL but they just do the transfer. BTW auto makers sell direct to dealers as do most heavy equipment makers and a lot of computer companies. Film and audio studios are increasingly being forced into a more direct sales model by the 'net.

This is OT though and while I haven't got my hands on a Wrangler they sound like a good thing. I'm a fan of SA so anything that gets more of them out there is good.

FergusonTO35

Hunter
I think I am going to get a black Wrangler when the fun store finally gets more in. I've been wanting a rimfire revolver and it's going to be a good while before I can afford the one I really want.

57springer

Buckeye
FergusonTO35 said:
I think I am going to get a black Wrangler when the fun store finally gets more in. I've been wanting a rimfire revolver and it's going to be a good while before I can afford the one I really want.
I have had mine out for a third time . Love it !! :!:

louiethelump

Buckeye
Well, enough time has gone by for someone to have re-chambered their Wrangler to 22 magnum.

Who has done this, and how did it work out? I have two and want one to be a magnum. I have to send it off and have it done, so I want to hear how it went by someone else first.

louiethelump

Buckeye
I don't see them either. I just ordered two from Jerkwater.

(Grabagun, in Texas)

If I waited for anything I wanted to show up in a local shop, all I would have is Glocks, and I hate them.

I finally broke down and read all 24 pages here. Does remind me of the LCR's first posts. I now have 5 of them.

Ruger came out with the American rifles, and they were blasted before people even held one. I also have 5 of them and they are very accurate. I also have 3 model 77 Hawkeyes. Just like in the single six vs the Wrangler, two very close but also very different guns.

I looked at the Wranglers at the NRA show in Indy this spring. I was very impressed with them for the price. I only have 2 single actions, a Single Six Hunter and a Vaquero in 44/40 to go with my Winchester 92. I plan on getting my 3rd, a Wrangler, soon.

Got tired of waiting, and went to Sportsmans Warehouse this weekend. The one I went to had a black one and a Silver one. $199.99 Military discount reduced it 5%, which paid most of the tax. Not what I expected to see as the Ceracote is pretty flat, but they are certainly functional. I'll probably hang on to them, should my son and his wife have a couple of kids they will make a good start for in handguns. I haven't had a chance to shoot them, as we have company but maybe this week.

Bought them myself, but I got a great Fathers Day gift(s).

57springer

Buckeye
Bear Paw Jack said:
Got tired of waiting, and went to Sportsmans Warehouse this weekend. The one I went to had a black one and a Silver one. $199.99 Military discount reduced it 5%, which paid most of the tax. Not what I expected to see as the Ceracote is pretty flat, but they are certainly functional. I'll probably hang on to them, should my son and his wife have a couple of kids they will make a good start for in handguns. I haven't had a chance to shoot them, as we have company but maybe this week.

Bought them myself, but I got a great Fathers Day gift(s).
:lol: :lol: Good deal , I really enjoy shooting mine !

I got mine several weeks ago , from a LGS, they had several on hand in the silver and the black , $199 plus tax, other than the loading gate being really hard to open and a some what sharp edge on it, the gun is fine . shot 150 rounds thru it>> 50 - Federal 36gr HP, 50 - Winchester Super X 40 gr HP and 50 CCI 40gr standard Vel, I wasn't shooting on paper , just small pieces of wood and small sand stone rocks in the berm but it seemed to like the Super X better than the other 2, no problem hitting out to 25 paces if I did my part , loads of fun that is for sure

Rocdoc

Buckeye
for those of with some actual trigger time, how is the finish holding up? no experience with cerakote

57springer

Buckeye
Rocdoc said:
for those of with some actual trigger time, how is the finish holding up? no experience with cerakote
I have over 600 rounds through my wrangler . 4 different range trips. The finish shows no sign of wear or discoloration. I wasn't sure about oiling it at first , seems not to hurt it .

Shorty Jenkins

Blackhawk
Does anyone have a Silver/Black one that they would care to sell? I have one and would like a mate for it. I am so rural that my local FFL
ordered 8 (total) in all three finishes and they only shipped him one (silver/black) that I have. No news as to when he'll get anymore. That was four weeks ago.

I'd like a new one or fired, but not abused is fine. PM me with your shipped price and "I'm your huckleberry". Hope someone can help me.
Many thanks,

Shorty

Latest posts