new p944 springs

Help Support Ruger Forum:

edfardos

Single-Sixer
since the p-series is discontinued, I thought I'd buy extra recoil and hammer springs. My p944 has 2000 rounds on it so I figured it'd need new springs. I was wrong! Old recoil springs are .5 inches shorter, but just as strong as new imho.

my 1911 recoil spring crapped out at 1000 rounds... So did the mag spring.

gotta love ruger endurance!

edfardos

mrmike7189

Single-Sixer
Yup they are built strong . I have a P89 with almost 5k rounds. I bought new recoil spring . I will be changing mine out ONLY because it is 20 years old. The spring is still brand new looking.

roylt

Hunter
I've read where a member here had 50K thru his 89 and hadn't done anything to it other than clean it from time to time.

All mine are used and I have no idea on round count but they all run anything I put in the mags. The only problems I have ever had were caused by me tinkering. Frankenstein guns etc.

I did purchase a couple new guide rod assemblies from Ruger before they ran out of stock but those are still in the drawer and probably will never see the inside of a gun. Cheap insurance I guess.

Gotta love those P-guns!!!

revhigh

Hawkeye
edfardos said:
my 1911 recoil spring crapped out at 1000 rounds... So did the mag spring.

I have NEVER heard of that happening .... Unless the spring was defective, which would have nothing to do with general long term 1911 spring endurance. I have multiple 1911's with well over 10000 rounds through them and have never replaced a recoil or mag spring.

REV