New NM SS

Help Support Ruger Forum:

agjames96

Bearcat
Picked up a really nice NM SS w/ a 4 5/8" barrel last weekend. Only came with lr cylinder, but I think I got a great deal at $230 otd. She was born in 1981, but doesn't look like she has been used much.

Mag cyl that I already had fits perfect.

Went to the range yesterday... That thing is a fire breathing dragon when shooting WMR's and as loud as the 9mm's I was shooting before her.

Needless to say, I left with a huge grin on my face. This is shaping up to be a good, long-term relationship. :)

Smee781

Single-Sixer
Congrats, I've been looking for a good used one for some time now but keep coming up empty, I think thats a great price,,,,,now where's the pic?

chet15

Hawkeye
agjames96 said:
Picked up a really nice NM SS w/ a 4 5/8" barrel last weekend. Only came with lr cylinder, but I think I got a great deal at $230 otd. She was born in 1981, but doesn't look like she has been used much.

Mag cyl that I already had fits perfect.

Went to the range yesterday... That thing is a fire breathing dragon when shooting WMR's and as loud as the 9mm's I was shooting before her.

Needless to say, I left with a huge grin on my face. This is shaping up to be a good, long-term relationship. :)

Are you sure it is stainless? Ruger built their first KNR4 run from 1975 to 1976 only and the LR only model (with a star stamped on the bottom of the frame ahead of the trigger guard) was made only in 1975. If your gun was indeed produced in 1981, then it may be a polished out chrome-moly gun. You can check it by putting a dab of cold blue on it in an area under the grip or inside the cylinder opening.
Chet15

yes, check it for material type as noted above, as for the barrel length, it may have been cut down at some time in its lifetime, we've done it to LOTS of them here in the NE Ohio area over the years, one of the "easiest/simplest' custom jobs out there, no need for exotic tooling, and very easy to mark, and reset the screw on front sight..........those short barrels are one of our favorites, no need to spend the big bucks on one of the scarce, rare ones, like the 200th year ones my wife "used" to collect.... :roll:

ta daa, thats why YOU are our 'leader,,,' don't have enough time to try and sit hear and translate all spellings and "text type
gibberish"......................SS to me is stainless steel,need the NR or RSS to be relevent....... 8)

proceed class...................... :roll: :wink:

agjames96

Bearcat
Sorry guys... (S)ingle (S)ix not stainless steel. Here is the wonderful bean footage:

IMG_4055.jpg

IMG_4056.jpg