New acquisition (not a Ruger)

Help Support Ruger Forum:

hognfrog

Bearcat
Weeks ago I put in what I considered a low bid on an auction site, last night I was asked to forward my C&R license so it could be shipped! Colt .22 automatic pistol, pre woodsman, 4 digit serical # (8xxx) mfg. in 1919, about 85 percent finish, with a clean and sharp bore. Can't wait for it to arrive & see what I have.
Colt pre woodsman target pistol left side.jpg

langenc

Single-Sixer
Way back I worked in a small neighborhood phjarmacy. One day a customer brought in a box and opened it and there was a Woodsman. He asked "do you want to buy it?"
I had no $$ but I sure wish I had that gun. Shuld have asked the boss to buy for me and let me pay it off buck or two a week.
Probably could have bought it for $25--in 1960.

GD1656

Single-Sixer
Weeks ago I put in what I considered a low bid on an auction site, last night I was asked to forward my C&R license so it could be shipped! Colt .22 automatic pistol, pre woodsman, 4 digit serical # (8xxx) mfg. in 1919, about 85 percent finish, with a clean and sharp bore. Can't wait for it to arrive & see what I have.
View attachment 2132

GD1656

Single-Sixer
I have one just like yours,4 digit also starting with a 2. It was my grandfathers.i also have the box ,and instruction booklet.also a holster he had made for it. Blueing is about gone but not a spot of rust. My dad said to only shoot std velocity lr in it. I ran across a huntsman many years back and shot hv shells in it then gave it to my son

Mauser9

Blackhawk
Wow very nice indeed! My book claims Woodsmans mfg. between 1915 and 1922 Had a lightweight pencil barrel approx. serial range 1-31,000. Medium barrel introduced in 1922. Thanks for sharing.