New acquisition (not a Ruger)

Help Support Ruger Forum:

hognfrog

Bearcat
Weeks ago I put in what I considered a low bid on an auction site, last night I was asked to forward my C&R license so it could be shipped! Colt .22 automatic pistol, pre woodsman, 4 digit serical # (8xxx) mfg. in 1919, about 85 percent finish, with a clean and sharp bore. Can't wait for it to arrive & see what I have.
Colt pre woodsman target pistol left side

langenc

Single-Sixer
Way back I worked in a small neighborhood phjarmacy. One day a customer brought in a box and opened it and there was a Woodsman. He asked "do you want to buy it?"
I had no $$ but I sure wish I had that gun. Shuld have asked the boss to buy for me and let me pay it off buck or two a week.
Probably could have bought it for $25--in 1960.

GD1656

Single-Sixer
Weeks ago I put in what I considered a low bid on an auction site, last night I was asked to forward my C&R license so it could be shipped! Colt .22 automatic pistol, pre woodsman, 4 digit serical # (8xxx) mfg. in 1919, about 85 percent finish, with a clean and sharp bore. Can't wait for it to arrive & see what I have.
View attachment 2132

GD1656

Single-Sixer
I have one just like yours,4 digit also starting with a 2. It was my grandfathers.i also have the box ,and instruction booklet.also a holster he had made for it. Blueing is about gone but not a spot of rust. My dad said to only shoot std velocity lr in it. I ran across a huntsman many years back and shot hv shells in it then gave it to my son

Mauser9

Single-Sixer
Wow very nice indeed! My book claims Woodsmans mfg. between 1915 and 1922 Had a lightweight pencil barrel approx. serial range 1-31,000. Medium barrel introduced in 1922. Thanks for sharing.

Latest posts