Help Support Ruger Forum:

Specs

Single-Sixer
recumbent said:
What holster is this????

WAglockfan said:
IMG_0034.jpg

Here you go.

Yes, what holster is this? I am using a UM size 3 now, but I like the one here.

firstup

Bearcat
The listing in the Ruger store for LCR speedloaders is a little deceptive.
I ordered two "LCR-SP101" speedloaders from Ruger, and when the package arrived, I was dismayed to find the loaders were "HKS-36's". If the website would have said that, I could have saved my money. I already have a drawer full of HKS-36 loaders for my S&W "J" frames. I was led to believe I was getting a unique loader for LCR's & SP101's. If you are looking for speedloaders for your new LCR, just drive to the nearest gunshop. Everyone I've been in stocked HKS-36's.

Specs

Single-Sixer
firstup said:
I ordered two "LCR-SP101" speedloaders from Ruger, and when the package arrived, I was dismayed to find the loaders were "HKS-36's". If the website would have said that, I could have saved my money. I already have a drawer full of HKS-36 loaders for my S&W "J" frames. I was led to believe I was getting a unique loader for LCR's & SP101's. If you are looking for speedloaders for your new LCR, just drive to the nearest gunshop. Everyone I've been in stocked HKS-36's.

Are you using the HKS with a 357 LCR or the 38. I thought that I read that the HKS did not work real with the 357 LCR.

Also, is that a pocket holster? I looked at the R Grizzle website and they do not show it.

rich642z

Single-Sixer
The flatside of the grip is where you line up the HKS speedloader with the cylinder and it will go down only so far about 1/8th of the brass will stick up. Turn the knob and you will have the LCR loaded.

chopprs

Single-Sixer
It seems to me that a bunch of peeps that have the .357 are shooting .38's out of it anyway.....just an obsevation but I thought about getting the .357 for wifey and we are both very happy with the performance and handling of the slightly smaller and lighter .38.......a great little gun. She can actually hit stuff with it too which she had trouble doing with the Smith.......:)

Specs

Single-Sixer
chopprs said:
It seems to me that a bunch of peeps that have the .357 are shooting .38's out of it anyway.....just an obsevation but I thought about getting the .357 for wifey and we are both very happy with the performance and handling of the slightly smaller and lighter .38.......a great little gun. She can actually hit stuff with it too which she had trouble doing with the Smith.......:)

My 357 is about 4 ozs heavier, because it is steel, not aluminum. I like the extra weight, it's not too much to carry, the gun is stronger, and I can shoot 38s all day in it and then switch to +p 38s or 357 mag for carry. I fired some Blazer Brass 357 mag 125 gr, and it is not too bad. I have some Double Tap 200 gr hard cast for my Blackhawk, but I don't think I will ever shoot these from the little Ruger.

flintridge
The picture you posted shows the serial number of your LCR357 as 546-00000...am I seeing things! That would make this, I believe, the very first LCR357....maybe you should contact Chad at [email protected], he could confirm for you.

Great pics...just picked up one myself and really like the large dot front sight...is it easy to install?

WAglockfan

Bearcat
The holster is the Southern Sidekick from RGrizzle, but like I wrote earlier, I had to replace the clips with ones from my Minotaur. I also use speed strips.
http://www.rgrizzleleather.com/pricingandordering.html

Specs

Single-Sixer
WAglockfan said:
The holster is the Southern Sidekick from RGrizzle, but like I wrote earlier, I had to replace the clips with ones from my Minotaur. I also use speed strips.
http://www.rgrizzleleather.com/pricingandordering.html

OK, thanks, I found the right place.

Flint Ridge

Bearcat
Nh Rugerman said:
flintridge
The picture you posted shows the serial number of your LCR357 as 546-00000...am I seeing things! That would make this, I believe, the very first LCR357....maybe you should contact Chad at [email protected], he could confirm for you.

Great pics...just picked up one myself and really like the large dot front sight...is it easy to install?

Uh... things are not always as they appear. It's actually in the 200's.

Specs

Single-Sixer
firstup said:

I just ordered the range block and 2 speedloaders from 5 Star Firearms. The production guy says that the loader will sit all the way down on the LCR 357. They are great looking but a little pricey, but if they will not jam up against the Hogue grip they will be worth it. They are on backorder right now but when I get mine I will let you know.

Flint Ridge

Bearcat
Specs said:
I just ordered the range block and 2 speedloaders from 5 Star Firearms. The production guy says that the loader will sit all the way down on the LCR 357. They are great looking but a little pricey, but if they will not jam up against the Hogue grip they will be worth it. They are on backorder right now but when I get mine I will let you know.

Been looking/droooooling on those. Pricey, but not that bad considering, plus if they sit flush that would be sweet and the look so good. Give us a report as to fit and function.

Specs

Single-Sixer
It is all working out well, I hope. I just got my new LCR357, and it needed some toys to go with it. My birthday is this month so I just showed the set to my wife and said" this is my birthday present".

IDK if she will let me play with the set before my birthday, but when I do, I will post the results here.

DougU

Bearcat
Donaldjr1969 said:
Have you shot full house 357s in it yet? If so, was it really that bad? An article in G&A said that while the revolver does bark and jump, it is not as bad as the hype made it to be.

I bought an LCR .357 a couple weeks ago and took it out with the only .357 ammo I had. The 158gr Blazers were stout but less than expected. The .38 special +p loads were nice, not bad at all. The 145 gr Winchester silvertips were not alot of fun. They were controllable but they did sting and slowed down second shots. I haven't shot any of the 125gr Remingtons yet, but I hear they are the ticket.

DougU

Bearcat
I have been using a Blackhawk pocket holster but would warn against using the blackhawk sizing chart on the back of the package. They recommened a size 3; but Ruger recommends a size 4, I believe. The size 3 will work, but it is VERY tight.

Specs

Single-Sixer
I received the 5 star speed loader set, nice setup, but it will not work with my 357LCR with the Hogue Tamer grip. If I tried to push the loader down enough to load it jammed against the grip.

I returned it and received full credit back including return shipping. Great company. I guess I will just use speed strips.

rich642z

Single-Sixer
The 5 Star speedloaders are just a tad bit to wide to use for the LCR. The HKS will work properly if you know how to load them in to the cylinder. On the HKS all you have to do is go along the flat piece along the leftside of grip and the ammo will go directly into the cylinder. You barely touch the grip with the HKS M36 speedloaders. The backend of the ammo will stickout a little bit so,do not force them into the cylinder. It also doed that with the .38 models of the LCR revolvers. So,good luck with the HKSes.

Boge

Single-Sixer
DougU said:
...I haven't shot any of the 125gr Remingtons yet, but I hear they are the ticket.

Boy, are you in for a surprise!! Hahahaha!! The STANDARD Remington 125 gr. is like the Fed. 125 gr., i.e., hotter than the hubs of hell!! You'll be lucky to make it through a cylinder. However, the Golden Sabre is not loaded as hot as the REGULAR Rem. 125 gr. Yes, I have a .357 LCR. :wink:

Clarkston_cz

Single-Sixer
I love my 38+P LCR with the 125 gr Remmy JHPs.

Plans are for a .357 Version, but I really want a three incher.

Of course, I'd have to get a new pocket holster!

lcr18.jpg

Latest posts