N.Vaquero value.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

27Ranch

Bearcat
Howdy Pards:
I have a friend that has an early Stainless Steel New Vaquero in .357 mag with 4.6 in bbl. Nothing special about it other than the fact that I know he hasn't shot it much. It still has the factory plastic grips. Back in 2008 I bought a consecutive pair of 5.5 inch NV and gave one to my son so one day he would have a matched pair. Here lies the delimna. There are some customizations I would like to do to it because it's one of my favorite shooters. If I do this then my son having a matched pair goes out the window. I paid over $600 apiece back in 2008 but had to pay a premium to get consecutive numbers. My question is what would be a fair offer for this one my friend is thinking about selling? He's asked for an offer but I don't want to insult him. I don't want to overpay either from a private party. I've already checked gunbroker and gunsamerica and such and know the asking prices but a lot of those are NOS. This may be the wrong thread to post this question and if it is I apologize to the mods and please take it down or move it however you take care of posts of this nature. Someone help me out gentlemen....
Thanks, Jim

Varminterror

Blackhawk
New Vaqueros go for $575 NIB retail right now at multiple retailers. No sense in paying more than $500 when you could get a new one for 15% more. $450-475 would be more my speed.

I'm not sure how buying another single revolver would suspend your son from getting your consecutive number set, or from getting another Consecutive numbered set in the future?

27Ranch

Bearcat
Varminterror said:
I'm not sure how buying another single revolver would suspend your son from getting your consecutive number set, or from getting another Consecutive numbered set in the future?

That's exactly why I'm looking for another one. If I alter the one I have now then they'll no longer be a matched pair. They'll just have consecutive numbers. He already has one and I've used this one enough here on the ranch that it has sentimental value attached to it for him. The same reason I gave him the Colt 1911 I carried as a service weapon in my years on the PD. Safe queens don't tell many storys to grand kids as far as he's concerned.

Varminterror

Blackhawk
Gotcha... I misunderstood your original post, I thought you were saying that you wanted to do the modifications to the NEW one.

You're always able to do the modifications to BOTH revolvers to keep your matched set matched :twisted:

27Ranch

Bearcat
Varminterror said:

You're always able to do the modifications to BOTH revolvers to keep your matched set matched :twisted:

It doesn't belong to me. :roll:

lfpiii

Blackhawk
I just came back from a gunshow and used ones with the stupid lock were selling 350-375. The dealer told me he had a couple of guys upgrade to the latest production.