My SR9, ongoing reports.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Rix86

Bearcat
Well... another 500 or 700 rounds downrange with the ghoste trigger.
again, flawless.
I took a friend of mine shooting with me, and she managed to jam every auto I own after a couple hours of shooting, and the ranges rentals as well.
Except the sr9.
not sure how that worked out.
sent about 2500 rounds downrange that day.

Supercharged86

Bearcat
Rix86":3qsxc6p0 said:
Well... another 500 or 700 rounds downrange with the ghoste trigger.
again, flawless.
I took a friend of mine shooting with me, and she managed to jam every auto I own after a couple hours of shooting, and the ranges rentals as well.
Except the sr9.
not sure how that worked out.
sent about 2500 rounds downrange that day.

Hey Rix86, Which Ghost did you go with? Just finished the Rocket 3.5 TCT install, hoping to get some live fire soon. thanks. Steve

Rix86

Bearcat
Rocket.
And speaking of which.... doubles are pretty awesome now.

graygun

Hunter
Mine is doing well through 1,580 rounds. I haven't done more than field strip and cleaning. I'll do some deeper stuff soon.

Texasgunner

Single-Sixer
graygun":14w34nqf said:
Mine is doing well through 1,580 rounds. I haven't done more than field strip and cleaning. I'll do some deeper stuff soon.

You're supposed to clean it :shock:

Texasgunner

Single-Sixer
RMXC51":2naf6jz6 said:
I'm hoping to shoot mine for the first time today or tomorrow. I thought I was the only guy in the world with a SR9 - everything now is SR9C blah blah blah.

You'll want the SR9C too-
You know you will :roll:

RMXC51

Bearcat
Texasgunner":20m52rn1 said:

Nope. Its not legal to carry in Canada, so the SR9C makes no sense at all to me. I'll spend the extra money on ammo.

Texasgunner

Single-Sixer
RMXC51":1ryz8eok said:
Texasgunner":1ryz8eok said:

Nope. Its not legal to carry in Canada, so the SR9C makes no sense at all to me. I'll spend the extra money on ammo.

I am sooooooo glad i was born, raised & reside in Texas 8)

JeepVideo

Bearcat
I love my SR9. Since I've had it I only had one FTF out of about 600 rounds. More importantly my son loves it as well and shoots better than I do! Darn impertinent kid! :)

Planning on going out next weekend with some friends to do some shooting. I'll have the SR9 and my old 10/22 for my son and I. We'll have to see what the other guys bring... one of 'em has an AK that would be a blast to shoot but we'll see. Gonna be a great time no matter what!

sparks701

Bearcat
I've had 2 failures in just under 9000 rounds,(failure for trigger to reset), I had some peening around 2000 rounds, filed it down and have not had much after that. (very slight lip now but has not changed in about 6500 rounds). Installed the ultimate and at 1st didn't see much of a differnce, but after a couple hundred dry fires and a couple hundred live fires I'm pretty happy with it, it is lighter and smoother than factory, not 3.5# but better. SR9 gonna see less rounds now that i have a new CZ Phantom to play with.

Rix86

Bearcat
Put another 200 - 250 down range. Finally got a couple failures. (well over 10 mags, I think more like 20)
3 failure to fires over 5 mags. pretty good primer strikes.
all 3 fired the second time.
This is the cheapest ammo I could find.
165 for 1000 rounds. brass case, frangible, reloads.
I marked my targets, might take some pictures.

Otis

Bearcat
I have 650 rounds threw mine, (the fired cartrige said 7/09) The only peening that I have seen is very slight at the top of the barrel at the slide opening, I noticed this after the last 150 round session. Ill have to get a few more rounds threw it and see if it gets any worse. The trigger has gotten alot smoother and lighter with use.