My SR9, ongoing reports.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Rix86

Bearcat
Joined
Jan 18, 2009
Messages
70
Has been flawless.
a couple thousand rounds (2.5 - 3k) over the last year.
Not a single failure ( to feed, to fire, or to eject, nothing )

Still very accurate, trigger has loostened up a bit (still not that great, but I can live with that).
Shows a little bit of barrel peening, but only a little.

I've been watching the ghost stuff..... waiting to see how that turns out.

The sr9 is now my daily carry.
 

jhearne

Buckeye
Joined
Jul 14, 2007
Messages
1,365
You mean very there snake? Sure he means his SR9, you know...the gun he mentions in the topic line. And I'm sure that for him, he shoots his SR9 pretty well. Try posting something with substance next time sir.

Wouldn't worry about the peening, most show a tiny bit like you mention and don't get worse over the course of a few thousand rounds. Can't say life time, the gun's only been out for a couple years now. Keep enjoying that SR9 Rix86.

Josh
 

Rix86

Bearcat
Joined
Jan 18, 2009
Messages
70
If I take my time, I can carry groups around 1 inch at 7-8 yards, around 2 at 15.
I'm no sharp shooter, I'm not that steady, I have to really take my time.
at 15 yards, I can keep it (usually) under the 7 ring with 3 shot rapid fire groups.
At 25 yards ( I need new glasses, my sight isn't that good) I can keep them all in the rings. with an occasinal fly-away.
 
Joined
Mar 24, 2002
Messages
5,349
Rix86":upxgpk0d said:
Has been flawless.
a couple thousand rounds (2.5 - 3k) over the last year.
Not a single failure ( to feed, to fire, or to eject, nothing )

Good for you! You're in the silent majority. :wink:

WAYNO.
 

snakespit

Bearcat
Joined
Dec 23, 2006
Messages
91
So his gun is peening and he has to live with the trigger.

I would not be happy. :roll:
 

jhearne

Buckeye
Joined
Jul 14, 2007
Messages
1,365
My gun peens as well, the same miniscule amount that isn't even noticeable unless your looking for it.

He said he's been following the stuff on the Ghost Trigger as well, waiting on reports to see how others SR9's turn out. (Reading Comprehension sir)

Sure, the trigger is a bit stout (that's my only complaint), but just because you didn't end up satisfied with your SR9 means that whenever someone mildly mentions something that isn't 100% flawless you have to cry wolf. Your a grown man (I think), get the chip of your shoulder and grow up.


Josh
 

Texasgunner

Single-Sixer
Joined
Feb 27, 2010
Messages
287
jhearne":3bjzk9dq said:
My gun peens as well, the same miniscule amount that isn't even noticeable unless your looking for it.

He said he's been following the stuff on the Ghost Trigger as well, waiting on reports to see how others SR9's turn out. (Reading Comprehension sir)

Sure, the trigger is a bit stout (that's my only complaint), but just because you didn't end up satisfied with your SR9 means that whenever someone mildly mentions something that isn't 100% flawless you have to cry wolf. Your a grown man (I think), get the chip of your shoulder and grow up.


Josh

You're being kind 8)
 

Rix86

Bearcat
Joined
Jan 18, 2009
Messages
70
snakespit":26n6h1gm said:
So his gun is peening and he has to live with the trigger.

I would not be happy. :roll:
No, it peened and has stopped. Hasn't gotten any worse since about the 200 round mark. doesn't affect function.
I DON'T HAVE to live with the trigger.
It's not a target queen, a little heavy trigger doesn't bother me that much.
Striker fire with a heavy trigger, on a 400 dollar gun. god I better sell it.



( I think snakey might not be happy with many things? )
 

3leggeddog

Single-Sixer
Joined
Aug 3, 2009
Messages
267
Rix86":tn7p6lrl said:
If I take my time, I can carry groups around 1 inch at 7-8 yards, around 2 at 15.
I'm no sharp shooter, I'm not that steady, I have to really take my time.
at 15 yards, I can keep it (usually) under the 7 ring with 3 shot rapid fire groups.
At 25 yards ( I need new glasses, my sight isn't that good) I can keep them all in the rings. with an occasinal fly-away.

Your doing real good , dont mind "Snakespit" , he cant help it!
 

snakespit

Bearcat
Joined
Dec 23, 2006
Messages
91
Rix86":14tbb31p said:
( I think snakey might not be happy with many things? )


So not true

I could not ask any more of my P95, my 22/45 Hunter or My Rock River AR. I have always been happy with my GM cars and truck. Can't beat my Timberland boots. Love my hot wife and my son well, he deserves better me. I could go on but......

The SR9 is like a box of chocolates " you never know what you're gonna get" :lol:
 

Clint C

Bearcat
Joined
Mar 6, 2010
Messages
10
You know Rix86 a picture says a thousand words. Lets see some!

I am a P95 kind of guy, but I have to tell you Snakespit Fords are better than General Motors! :lol:
 

Rix86

Bearcat
Joined
Jan 18, 2009
Messages
70
Sorry guys...... Only fords I would want are old.
NO gm product (maybe a cheetah)
amc or Chrysler for me.

And snakey..... I'm looking for a P in .40 :)
 

bigfanofsr9

Bearcat
Joined
Mar 29, 2010
Messages
18
I love my new SR9...haven't had it long enough to complain :) 450 rounds so far, and it's been perfect.
 

candybar

Bearcat
Joined
Feb 27, 2010
Messages
6
I just put the first 136 rounds through mine and it worked flawless the peening spot basicly is showing wear but no deformity. love it so far it the best birthday present a wife could give a guy. lol
 

RMXC51

Bearcat
Joined
Mar 10, 2010
Messages
10
I'm hoping to shoot mine for the first time today or tomorrow. I thought I was the only guy in the world with a SR9 - everything now is SR9C blah blah blah.
 

RMXC51

Bearcat
Joined
Mar 10, 2010
Messages
10
I got 100 rounds through mine today, it was flawless. And the trigger felt fine. Maybe its revised on the latest batch, because I don't have a clue what people are griping about, trigger-wise.
 

Latest posts

Top