My newest way to waste time at work....

Help Support Ruger Forum:

radicalrod

Hunter
I have a display show the first weekend of May at the Ohio Gun Collectors Association.....and I am displaying a few of my Bear Cats....this is what I have come up with to hold them....I think it will work great....let me know what you think.....I only need to make 44 more :roll: :roll: :roll: RR.

P4120985.jpg

P4120986.jpg

RD18

Single-Sixer
Hmm -looks almost good enough to hold a D gun and her sister, want to use them---still looking for an S russ

americal

Hunter
WASTE TIME AT WORK :shock: :shock: I can hardly believe that :arrow: you are being a bad influence on your employes :roll: --they look good make sure they can withstand a table bump :!: :!: be fun working for you --just sit around and talk rugers and come up with display ideas :lol:

radicalrod

Hunter
The MKII model fits in the open chamber at the top left and fits behind the cylinder pin latch.....to remove the gun you need to twist it 90 degrees and slide the rod out of the cylinder....made with a pair of wire cutters and flat bill pliers.....the MKI model has a J hook the fit around the front cylinder bushing but the little Bear Cat doesn't have enough room for that style so the MKII model is born :lol: :lol: :lol:

I had 6 10" guns hanging from the MKI model at Harrisburg.....the only problem I had were all the people that just couldn't resist the urge to touch them :roll: :roll: :roll: see ya RR.

Russ, I know how you can get one :lol: :lol: :lol:

tommygun

Single-Sixer
How about 30 for me and my .357's. Although can you make them a different color in case I compete with you again. Oh, that's right neither of us won anything anyway so I guess it doesn't matter. Whoops, did I say that out loud!

radicalrod

Hunter
Hey TOMMY, I was AMAZED by your display.....truly AMAZING....sometimes it is really hard to judge displays....I have done it a few times and sometimes a display can contain immense treasures but has no title or theme it goes by....a very simple display done by the rules can rock a MEGA display that has no explanation of what is going on....I am not being critical just saying what I believe happened.....sometimes we as displayers get caught up in the small details that most don't even understand.....most people spend less than a minute looking so it needs to be made very obvious quickly what you are trying to convey .......you need to look at the judging sheet and work from there.....my display had points taken off for related items of which I had NON....didn't think my title called for them so I guess I was mistaken :lol: :lol: :lol: can't win them all....BUT you sure can try :roll: :roll: :roll: I bet you will have an even more AWESOME DISPLAY the NEXT TIME :shock: :shock: :shock: I have done a different display every year for the last 6 or 7 shows....try doing that and tell me how easy it is making everyone happy.... RR.

R R IMHO, has it right! I have display many times & viewed many others from one gun displays to table (s) covered with guns that are rare or seldom seen. But you have to do just a few things to be in the Winners &/Or Prize Money, Get a copy of the Judgeing rules, Educate the Public, Keep it simple, & Have Fun doing it! Yes their is more one can read in to this & yes it can be debated to death what is the best & how it is to be done But, as Collector/Hunter/Shooter/Displayer I am having FUN or I wil be as they say "Done & Gone". J/S

tommygun

Single-Sixer
You are both absolutely on the money. I learned a lot about myself and judging. Did not know that I was as shallow as I am. I was suprised at how disappointed I was that I did not win. Poor me! I won a gun but was not happy that I did not win a plaque. ( Something wrong with me) LOL)
I really enjoyed meeting all you guys and putting faces to usernames. The reaction from the crowd was great. The disappoinment was that the rarity of the guns seemed insignificant. It was more about title and cabinetry IMHO. When I got back I decided that I would not do it again. In retrospect I need to chill and remember this is to be fun. If I want stress I go to work. I will probably display again but will probably do what makes me happy as opposed to what makes judges happy. Then again who knows. Sometimes the competitive side won't allow me to not care. I'll be back!

radicalrod

Hunter
I too find it funny that some of it is cabinetry....I am not a cabinet maker and travel lots of times in my Corvette so not a lot of extra room for furniture :lol: :lol: :lol: sometimes the RARITY does get lost......I had a 10' Super and an S marked Super in my display once and didn't even finish in the top 5 :shock: :shock: :shock: a year later the same guns rock the show in another Super display with the NEW OWNER :roll: :roll: :roll: lots of really RARE stuff does show up so you never can count on it being what the judges like....heck one year at Tulsa I actually won the show and took second overall with RED EAGLES.....the red headed step children of RUGER COLLECTING :shock: :shock: :shock: just slightly ahead of the 30 Carbine Blackhawk :? :? :? Hey speaking of winning a gun....man I have been semi patiently waiting to win one myself and you do it at your 1st show.....it has taken me almost 14 shows to get my first "FREE" gun.....could have bought one a show with what it has cost me to do all of them....it is refreshing to me to see someone speak candidly about the trials and tribulations of putting up a display....we all have hopes and expectations..... some are attainable and others just a dream...I too am somewhat competitive and have found I am happiest if I just do it for myself and not worry what others think....you just need a little tweeking and your display will be a FORCE TO BE RECKONED WITH :roll: :roll: :roll: you got till NOV to get it ready for TULSA......see you there, RR.

Latest posts