My Arrow (or small house) Ruger Single Six

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Star43

Buckeye
Star43,

Have you ever installed the 22 mag cylinder in either of your single sixes to confirm that it fits?
No, I haven't. I know how Ruger feels from a safety position that it has to be fitted. As I mentioned earlier, I got a mag cylinder in a cute little leather pouch and it's still there. One time I asked a gun shop guy I know (since retired) if I could shoot the 22 mag in my arrow gun. He just looked at me and said "Why". "Your gun came with the one cylinder and be happy with that". That was years ago.....then about 18.months ago when I found out my other 22 was an Arrow gun, I said to myself, Well this "new one" is for Spencer, my son......but maybe I could check if the pouch cylinder would fit in my original Arrow gun. I took it to a young gun smith trying to make it in town, and I brought the gun and cylinder. He put it in and played with it for a while, took it out and put it back in, and he said, I think this cylinder would be fine in your gun. I said Thank you and put the cylinder back into it's pouch and it's still there.

weaselmeatgravy

Staff member
I have one on GB right now
I read the blurb in your ad about not knowing if your FFL will be renewed. Is that due to the cost? Once you lose your FFL, you can't legally ship handguns USPS without going through another dealer. They have to go "common carrier" like UPS. Up here, UPS still makes handguns go Overnight, so shipping one gun by UPS costs about as much as renewing your FFL for 3 years.

Star43

Buckeye
Star43,

Have you ever installed the 22 mag cylinder in either of your single sixes to confirm that it fits?
As mentioned I took it to be checked. He was young and really didn't do anything to it. Just said it should be ok. He didn't charge me anything as he said it was just a "safety check". So I just left. I have looked online over the years and they say to check for side play and fore end play, and check that it's not too tight. Stuff like that. Is there anything else I should look for ?? Thanks.

Thanks Uncle Howie, but the "walls" of the house are much much shorter so it looks like a little house. The location you pointed out is right on. 🙂👍

Thanks for the pic, WMG!

Star43- "you are not wrong." 😂

I'm glad that WMG posted that pic. While I've never seen an "Arrow" gun in person, I was sure I had seen pictures.

I seem to have completely "misremembered" what the arrow looks like! 😳