Mosin Nagant help needed

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Blackhawk47

Bearcat
Ordered 440 rounds of ammo thought it would come like my first order nice 20 round paper wrapped containers but no!!! this time it came in a sardine can, been looking at it for a couple of days now, QUESTION : is there some easy way to get this can open that I am not seeing. It looks like to me I should have some type of can opener. Help!!!!!

NYC_Shooter

Bearcat
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ztx4P-d8GTk&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Hope that helps.

NukMed

Bearcat
The tins I've bought require an actual can opener. One comes in each case of two tins. If you bought a tin separately, you may have to buy an opener separately or borrow one.

bai78

Bearcat
Flathead scewdriver would work to puncture the tin & then proceed to "chip" it open with the flat side along with a heavy hammer.

Be sure to wear hearing protection!

BobD

Bearcat
There should be a large version of a Planter's Peanut can opener or sadine can opener. If you can get it started, vice grips pulling the metal band oughta git er dun.

Blackhawk47

Bearcat
Thanks guys I found a couple of place on the internet that sells the can opener but all are sold out. I found a picture of one so right now I am thinking of making my own.

Blackhawk47

Bearcat
Bootlegger said:
If you mail it back i'll mail you mine to use. :)

Thanks for the offer but I really need to buy or make one that I can hold on to, I do think with the idea the guys have given me I will get it open. also I have started designing my own can opener we will see if that works.

Thanks again for the offer