MK IV in my local store!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Dbl Auto

Single-Sixer
So I got mine on Wednesday, blued target. The owner's manual specifically states to dry fire it for storage. I found that strange as I never dry fire 22's. You guys doing the dry fire technique before putting it back in the safe?
Doug

9x19

Hunter
LGS yesterday:

Blue 5.5" bull - $419
SS 5.5" bull - $499
SS fluted Hunter - $589

I handled them, but remain underwhelmed.

Kanook

Buckeye
I'd buy a Hunter model with a threaded barrel. Nothing longer than 5" though.

Cordite

Single-Sixer
radicalrod said:
I saw one today and it was very slick....
RR.... Kinda surprised that you didn't snag it on the spot for your collection (pile) o' Rugers :D

It's on my purchase list, to be sure. And since you're from BG... Go Falcons! Good game against Toledo on 15 October.

Cordite

cjs1945

Single-Sixer
Picked up my blued target model last Wednesday at LGS for $399.99 plus tax and it came with instructions and a spacer washer for use when removing the right side safety lever. Don't think the lever will present a problem, so it will stay on for now. If it shoots as good as it looks, it will be another winner for Ruger.

22/45 Fan

Hunter
steamloco76 said:
Also, someone needs to make a right side safety delete kit, as our hands both rode on the right side safety. Other than that, I think the MKIV is a wonderful update to a classic pistol.
As noted above, someone does and that "someone" is Ruger. You remove the right side grip panel, remove the screw holding the right side lever in place, fit the washer Ruger includes with the pistol over the safety's shaft and replace the screw and grip panel.

You aren't alone in not knowing this. Hickock45, who does numerous Youtube gun reviews, had the same complaint in his MkIV video and obviously didn't read the instruction book either.

xcrdr

Bearcat
Saw the 22/45 Lite at the range a few days ago. Couldn't leave without it! I paid a bit too much for it but the instant gratification was worth it. I got the bronze. I'll be looking for the black but I'll take my time on that to get a better deal. I'm new to owning a Mark so I'm still not sure about the stock sights. I don't dig them so far. Might go aftermarket or reflex/holo or dot. What do people like on these?

rugerjunkie

Buckeye
Saw my first one in person at the local shop. Glad to hear about the safety lever delete because it rubbed me the wrong way. I also agree with the grips being a bit too squared and not as confortable as my MkII's but that is an easy fix also. Nice pistol for sure and I've never pulled any of my MkII's apart that fast before!

My only deal is Im trying to downsize or stay the same size! Would anyone take a chance on selling off a 6 7/8" stainless MkII Target that puts quarter sized (and less) 10 shot groups at 50yds for the added convenience of a MkIV??

Qman2

Bearcat
I picked up a blued Target model at a local gun show over the weekend for $425. I liked the Ruger wooden grips so I bought those with my 20% off coupon. I bought a Vortex Venom red dot site and now I'm waiting, impatiently, for the Ruger purchases to be delivered.

4521dln

Single-Sixer
Qman 2 could you post a picture of your MK IV target with the Vortex Venom mounted ? I have the stainless Target and thinking of putting a Venom on it. thanks