mini14 scope.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

wwb

Hunter
"Good scope" and "under $100" are pretty much mutually exclusive. I don't care much (don't care at all, really) for the mini 14, but if I had to scope one and money was a concern, the starting point would be a 2-7X Leupold VX-1, typically about $170.

Silent Sam

Blackhawk
The mini's recoil pulse can be rough on scopes. Finding a serviceable scope for under $100 would be pretty tough. I run a Weaver K6 on mine. Not sure what they are selling for now but they are not a lot more than $100. Fixed power, holds zero, tracks well and is decent glass

Busterswoodshop

Buckeye
I had a Redfeild scope on a 30.06 for probably 25 years. It was my favorite scope.
One day I decided to try it on a mini 14. Before the first magazine was empty the cross hairs in the scope broke right in the center. After that every time I pulled the trigger the cross hairs would move apart a little with every shot.

On my 30.06 I carried this scope over rough country , dropped it a couple times , slid down hills with it , banged it around and it never failed me until I put it on a Mini 14.

If you want to keep your scope buy a good one.

SteelShooter

Single-Sixer
You want to look at the year of your Mini and if it is a ranch rifle or not. The Ranch Rifle had a buffer added to it, prior to that, the standard mini's destroyed scopes.

Think some people sell a retro fit buffer, do not know how well they work. The old mini's were hard on scope mounts too.

carpriver

Bearcat
Yesterday I purchased a mini 14 ranch stainless steel with the black polymer stock. It came with the scope rings and a weaver mounting rail. I am assuming it would be safe to mount a scope or red dot sight. would I be correct?

Yep, but keep in mind... you get what you pay for..... actually carp river, with Ruger rings you should not need a weaver mounting rail... so, it sounds like the rings along with rail are aftermarket parts.... but they should work I guess.

Divernhunter

Single-Sixer
I put a Weaver 4X on my mini14 and 30 and have been happey with them.
They are fair weather fun guns to me.
If I were to hunt with them they would have a Leupold like all my other hunting firearms.

gunman42782

Hunter
Funny, just a couple weeks ago I had the same thing happen as busterwoodshop. Had a Tasco World Class, brand new, on my Mini. Took it to the range twice, on the 2nd outing the crosshairs just broke. I just today got a Nikon Pro Staff and put it on my Mini. If this one doesn't hold up I give up!

dfletcher

Blackhawk
trailwalker said:
what is a good all round scope for a mini 14 under 100.00?

For under $100.00 I would look at the Natchez website under "refurbished" and see if you can get a Burris Timberline 4X. Burris makes good scopes, this is their entry level line. SWFA also has "demo" scopes on their "Samples List".

Latest posts