Mini 14 Question

Help Support Ruger Forum:

PA1749

Bearcat
Hello all,

I am going to purchase a mini 14. I know that the newest models have had some changes done to improve accuracy. However, I was also told that this change did not occur until a certain point in the newer prefix serial number. For example, the first 10,000 rifles with the 58X prefix were still being produced without the accuracy change. First of all, is this true, and does anyone know what serial number or year started the accuracy changes?

I hope this is clear enough.

Thanks for any help

kwg020

Bearcat
The early 580 series Mini's had the skinny barrel. My guess is Ruger used up the stock of skinny barrels before going to the new barrels. All 581 rifles have the new barrel. kwg

In my opinion all you need to do when you get the chance is send the trigger group off to one of several places to get it smoothed out and lightened up.... I think turn around time for this work is only about two weeks.

All these rifles come with a heavy military type trigger pull because this is 'safer' for a factory rifle.... but if you want to become a true rifleman you need a better trigger. just my opinion.