Mark iv Stainless Hunter?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

buckshotshorty

Single-Sixer
Where are they? I've been looking for one for a while and can't find any in stock from my usual FFL sources. None of these are obscure mom and pop stores, but rather large stores.

I sold my Mark III stainless because I had to send it back twice after cleaning it because I couldn't put it back together……..a real exercise in frustration Which l am too old to deal with. I do miss it a lot and want to replace it and the new Mark IV makes the take down/ assembly a snap.

Around mid 2020 I wanted to grab a MKIV 5.5" bull barrel stainless, model 40103. They seemed abundant despite events and I paused for a minute. Then it seemed like the SS 40103 availability just dried up for the next two years or more. When I saw the availability at my LGS go dry I quickly grabbed the same thing in blued, model 40101. Its a range favorite of mine to this day along side the MK II blued I have. Now I see the 40103 coming available more and I'll eventually grab one.
Just curious why the SS models disappeared for so long, I think probably due to whole supply chain thing which included raw materials. Increased demand as well I guess.

OP, enjoy the SS Hunter when you get one, those are very nice.

Around mid 2020 I wanted to grab a MKIV 5.5" bull barrel stainless, model 40103. They seemed abundant despite events and I paused for a minute. Then it seemed like the SS 40103 availability just dried up for the next two years or more. When I saw the availability at my LGS go dry I quickly grabbed the same thing in blued, model 40101. Its a range favorite of mine to this day along side the MK II blued I have. Now I see the 40103 coming available more and I'll eventually grab one.
Just curious why the SS models disappeared for so long, I think probably due to whole supply chain thing which included raw materials. Increased demand as well I guess.

OP, enjoy the SS Hunter when you get one, those are very nice.
The stainless Target and Competition models were pretty hard to come by last year, new or used. Now they're everywhere, When this crossed my path last June for the right price, I jumped on it.

2493A377-595B-4DF0-959A-C41F7B712C3B.jpeg

Tom333

Bearcat
I was in the same boat. Had been on the lookout for a Competition (# 40112) model. Finally saw a bunch of them pop up at Davidson's Gallery Of Guns last week. Three days in a row more popped up as they sold out from the previous day. Ended up $749 out the door. Not great, but better than MSRP.

Latest posts