Magazine thumb loader for Mark magazines

Help Support Ruger Forum:

A few years ago, I bought a metal loader from one of the guys on RimFireCentral. I remember I paid $25, and it's pretty nice (milled and anodized aluminum). It has a slot which depresses the follower on Browning Buckmark magazines. It also fits Ruger Mark II magazines, I suppose other Mark magazines also.

I designed something similar today on the 3D printer. What do y'all think? The cutout for the magazine is a little tight. I can go back and make that a little bit bigger. I printed this at 100% solid and it took 2 hours.

The circular hole is for a key chain.
5FgOamBl.jpg

jYUputEl.jpg

XdldmDFl.jpg

contender

Ruger Guru
Nice! Butler Creek used to sell a mag loading tool that is similar,, and I still use mine a lot,,, except on any MKIII's & MKIv's.
I noticed it's for a magazine where the mag release is on the bottom of the gun. The MKIII & MKIV have a notch" protrusion for the side button release/lock.

Thanks! I don't have a Mark III or IV, so I don't have any of those magazines.

What did it cost to build? Well, aside from the printer, the filament is $20 for two pounds and this just weighs a few ounces, probably around 1 1/2. So aside from the printer, the cost is basically zero. It only took about 20 minutes to design.

Well, 20 minutes and about a year to finally be comfortable with the design software.

Contender: How are the Mark III and IV magazines different? Could one tool be designed to be used for ALL Ruger Mark (Standard to Mark IV) Pistols?

The one tool I bought from rimfirecentral works for browning buckmark and Mark II magazines. But it will not fit the Smith and Wesson Model 41.

Ok, i need to order something from Midway so, I'll order a Mark IV magazine as well. Chances are I'll have one of those pistols sooner or later. Then I can get the dimensions and make one for them.

QUESTION: The Mark 3 and 4 would be the same?

Thanks...

recumbent

Buckeye
The Ultimate Clip Loader works on MK11, MK111 and MKIV.
I love mine.
http://www.mcfaden.com/McFadden-Machine-Ultimate-cliploader-s/1827.htm

G2

Hunter
I bought this one thru Amazon, it does my High Standard, Browning, S&W, and all my Rugers.

$9

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0054SQJZS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Old RugerFan

Bearcat
I think that looks pretty darn good! Let me know when you start selling them. I'd buy a couple...

I have a no-name loader tool that came with my Mark II in a private trade back in '90 or '91, and it works for my new Mark IV 22/45 mags, so I think yours would work with maybe just some minor filing in the corners.

Dan in MI

Staff member
I have one of Kevin's loader. It works very well. It works on all version mags in my possession, I-II-III, 22/45. It just can't keep up with me.

An ultimate cliploader and 20 mags almost does. :lol: