LOST MY LCP

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Major T

Blackhawk
Her mom and I were visiting daughter #2 overnight. After a nice breakfast with her, I told her that I wanted to trade handguns with her. (I have outfitted all three daughters with a basic battery consisting of a 20 ga shotgun, a .22 rifle, and a handgun.) She had been using my Colt 1903 pocket hammerless .380 for a few years. I was never comfortable with her keeping the Colt loaded and locked as the safety is small and easy to bump into the fire position. After an orientation, she said she really liked it, so I left the LCR with her and retrieved my beloved Colt. What is the problem? I miss the little LCR already! I may have to look at the LC9 or perhaps another LCR. Best wishes, Jack

DGW1949

Hunter
Many years ago I tested the safety aspects of a 1903 by carrying an unloaded but cocked example in my boot with the safety off. After a month of it being stuck into my boot 8-10 hours a day, it had not once released it's hammer into the fire position.
Then there's this;
Colt made a very good "pocket" gun back in the day. All forged steel, hand fitted parts, reliable, slim, good balance and they point well. About the only complaint I had was the skinny little sights.
Not saying that the LCR aint a good gun too....just sayin'.

DGW

Snake45

Hawkeye
It's hard not to fall in love with the slim, elegant little pocket Colts, regardless of how you feel about the .32 and .380 cartridges. Would love to see those available again, with a .22 kit available for cheap practice.

Major T

Blackhawk
Sorry about the miscue in the body of the post. It is an LCP. Thanks, Jack (PS: I really have no need for an LCR. The first edition Model 42 Centennial @ 13 oz. empty still fills that niche very well.)

Chuck41

Bearcat
My daughter is coming for an overnight visit this afternoon. Glad my new LC9 hasn't come in yet. She would likely leave with it.

Strange

Bearcat
Fired a few rounds through a LC9 last weekend. Weapon feels great you'll love it..

Major T

Blackhawk
DGW1949, I think you are correct about the Colt safety, however Murphy is still alive and well. Is this a great time in firearms production or what? There are lots of GOOD makes and models out there.
Chuck41, when the LC9 arrives, better keep it out of sight if you want to keep it. You know how daughters can melt the hardest heart. I suspect that grandaughters are going to be even better at doing the same. I know that they could have the entire safe when they "bounce" by and say, "DadDad, I love you." Have a good day, Jack

blankman

Bearcat
At first I thought you LOST the LCP - as in misplaced.

I was going to suggest checking in that little coin pocket in your jeans. It could easily get lost in there....

BulkAmmo

Bearcat
blankman said:
At first I thought you LOST the LCP - as in misplaced.

When I saw the title I thought the same thing. That you had lost it in travels somehow.

Your title should be "I got back my Colt and it only cost me an LCP!" lol. I'm going to have to try the "safety issue" on my wife and see if I can get some of my firearms back. "Sorry honey this Ruger is much, much safer than that Colt King Cobra."

I'll let you know if it's successful.