Lipseys Blackhawk Flattop convertible .45acp/.45colt Grips?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

George

Blackhawk
Just wondering what grips will fit on this NM Lipseys mid frame Flattop I just picked up Catolg # KNVB-44X gun?
I picked up a New Lipseys Single Six convertible in .22LR/.22mag a year ago both do have a 4 5/8s" barrel both are in stainless. I tried to fit the single six grips on the Mid frame Flattop catlog#KNR4 and they don't fit totally the wrong shape.

There is much more of a forward sweep on the lower part of one set of grips. If I remember right my SS grips had XR on them I could not see the frame was marked other the last three digits of the ser.# I could not find a mark on the Flattops grips guessing XR3 maybe. In any case the SS had a bushing between the grips and the flattop off white plastic Simulated ivory grips did not have the bushing.. Wondering what grips I could pickup for the Flattop that would fit it.. I kind of would like to keep the org. Flattop ones off the gun and safe if I ever decide to resell it years form now.

George

Blackhawk
I may have found the info I need if I'm correct.. All NM Mid frame Vaq. and NM mid frame Flottops use the same new XR3 grip as the grip frame is the same ? Is the distinguishing word here NEW and all XR3 grips and grip frames are not the same? Thanks George