Lipseys 3.75" Bisley

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Jbandy78

Bearcat
I am a little nervous about the grips too. My Bisley hunter came with horrible grips. The insides looked like someone went at them with a router! Of course one phone call to ruger and they had a new set in the mail...But since I've been reading all the poor fitting grip threads, I'm a little scared.

BlkHawk73

Hunter
tek4260 said:
How did Ruger do with the grips? I remember some were fitting pretty poorly on the last special run.

It's still not a custom shop gun or some $1000 model. It's still in the grand scheme of the parts involved, a mass production thing. A large quantity of grip frames cast and finished and a large quantity of grip panels produced all at two different locations. Want nice, perfect hand fitted, it's cost quite a bit more.

ewayte

Bearcat
tek4260 said:
How did Ruger do with the grips? I remember some were fitting pretty poorly on the last special run.

I am going to contact Ruger about replacing the grips on mine. The left grip seems to be cut too thick. Either that or the casting is way off... :shock:

Freedom

Bearcat
Jason at Lipsey's said:
Yes, 44 Magnum.
I just ordered 2...is there any estemate on time frame Jason??

I'm in MT and am just looking for an timeline idea..1 week, 6weeks, 1 month 6 month??? Never??? (how many are going to be made??)

Thank you for your time!!

Rainman

Blackhawk
Folks I want to give a big "thank you" to Jason at Lipsey's and tell you what great customer service he provided. Mine came today and without going into detail, he displayed some of the best help for my dealer that's available. I personally appreciate these limited runs and special editions his company is providing to us Ruger accumulators.
I have no connection to Jason or his company. I'm just a beneficiary of his good service.
Dan

Jbandy78

Bearcat
Well, I got mine yesterday. It's a great feeling gun! Balances very well. Havent shot it yet, but feels like a keeper! The bad news is that the grips don't fit and where the grip frame meets there is a gap that you can see daylight through. Going to have to make a phone call to ruger and send her in.

DCRuger

Single-Sixer
I love comments like this about new guns! .
It sure seems like Ruger is slipping in their QC before they are leaving the plant anymore. Grips, barrels canted....
That stuff has GOT to be costing them big bucks in repairs and shipping?
Look at the grips on this one...

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=300889484

D.

BlkHawk73 said:
tek4260 said:

It's still not a custom shop gun or some $1000 model. It's still in the grand scheme of the parts involved, a mass production thing. A large quantity of grip frames cast and finished and a large quantity of grip panels produced all at two different locations. Want nice, perfect hand fitted, it's cost quite a bit more.

Jbandy78

Bearcat
My gun looks just like the one on gunbroker. It's the Bisley grip frame that is the problem. The grips fit on my Bisley hunter just fine. The steel grip frame looks like a blind drunk monkey made it. I'll call ruger tomorrow if I get a chance. I cant imagine they wouldn't make it right, but it really stinks that these are getting out with such horrible grip frames.

jgt

Buckeye
While reading discussions of the new Lipsey's offerings , I thought I would add my feed back.

I began loading for and shooting the 44 caliber exclusively in the early seventies. I have had to commission custom gunsmiths to build the bulk of the 44 special guns I shot over the years. In that time I only had two 44 magnums built, one was the forerunner of the 44 mountain gun, the other a custom Redhawk from Bowen. My magnums are hunting guns and only carried for that purpose.

I am a dinosore compared to todays gun consumers I know, but here is my take on the 44 line of Lipsey guns. I do not own the bisley flattop 44 special, it seemed big and clunky in my hands and I consider it more suited to hard kicking calibers like magnums. I also do not own the stainless 44 flattop 44 special. I have small hands and notice any variation in the feel of the grip frame and I would sware the grip frame on the stainless sheriff model is slightly larger than the one on the blued sheriff model.

Thank you for making these guns availible to old crumudgins like me that are dyed in the wool, 44 special shooters. For so long we have had to listen to the people who said there is no need for 44 specials since they could shoot 44 specials in their 44 magnums. Most had never owned or shot a gun built as a 44 special. I am glad to at last see a company that had the courage to service the small "minority" of shooters who appreciate this wonderful cartridge. I do shoot 44 magnums and have owned many over the years but my primary everyday packing pistol will always be a 44 special. If you read this Jason, you and your fellow employees have my thanks, admiration, and gratitude.