Lipsey 44 special

Help Support Ruger Forum:

feathers73

Bearcat
I've seen the 2010 catalog. They look like flattops to me. Plus they may have kept a few spare parts or had a frame or two lying around?

c.r.

Single-Sixer
as posted in another thread, the 44 specials are now up on ruger's website..........medium frame flattops in 5 1/2" and 4 5/8" barrel lenths

dale, how many donuts did you win? We should have offered 3:1 on the money with a minimum bet of $100.

edlmann

Blackhawk
edlmann":4bam3uq8 said:
c.r.":4bam3uq8 said:
Revolver-Time":4bam3uq8 said:
where will a new one come from and when?
Ruger has made the new model flattop 44 specials cataloged/production items for 2010. both lengths, the 4 5/8" and the 5 1/2".
Based on the catalog numbers posted in the new catalog, it appears these pistols will be built on the medium frame. (I noted earlier that the catalog numbers show 4 5/8 and 5 1/2 barrels but the chart in the catalog shows 4 5/8 and 6 1/2.) Many are assuming that these will be flat tops but I've seen nothing from Ruger confirming this. I don't think we'll know what these actually are until regular production pistols start shipping.

The 2010 catalog has now made it to the web and seems to confirm that the flattops remain available in 4 5/8 and 5 1/2 barrels.

Next idle speculation: When does the rest of the BH (not SBH) line go to medium flat-top frames? The release of the .41 flattops may be the precursor for that.