Lightweight box

Help Support Ruger Forum:

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Ok, so who got the lightweight silver box on ebay?? Seemed to go rather cheap I thought.

1653578673370.png

I have paid $1100 for lightweight boxes even if they are not in perfect shape. The holy grail is the same box with a green wreath. It is difficult to quote a price for that because they are so rare and sell typically between collectors only (not in a public setting). Look for 2K and up for a green wreath box, if you can find one for sale.

Bad Barlow

Blackhawk
I have paid $1100 for lightweight boxes even if they are not in perfect shape. The holy grail is the same box with a green wreath. It is difficult to quote a price for that because they are so rare and sell typically between collectors only (not in a public setting). Look for 2K and up for a green wreath box, if you can find one for sale.
Thanks for the info, I had no idea.
But I am often amazed at what people will pay for a "collectible" .

Yes, we are crazy!
As long as there are enough other crazies around, it is safe to pay those prices as we have other crazies to sell to someday. ;)

Of course, the inflation will make todays crazy prices good deals tomorrow.

Bad Barlow

Blackhawk
Yes, we are crazy!
As long as there are enough other crazies around, it is safe to pay those prices as we have other crazies to sell to someday. ;)

Of course, the inflation will make todays crazy prices good deals tomorrow.
I'm not judging! I have some some coins that are valued at much more than their face value, simply due to scarcity.
Whatever floats your boat!

BlkHawk73

Hunter
I'm not judging! I have some some coins that are valued at much more than their face value, simply due to scarcity.
Whatever floats your boat!
That's how it all works - scarcity. The typical supply/demand. As with anything of the sort, some will understand the value being what it is, while others would see just an old empty box. Same with the coins...some see something to toss into a tip jar, others...It's about knowing what the item is and it's market.

That's how it all works - scarcity. The typical supply/demand. As with anything of the sort, some will understand the value being what it is, while others would see just an old empty box. Same with the coins...some see something to toss into a tip jar, others...It's about knowing what the item is and it's market.

Yes, it's a question of "supply AND demand" - scarcity by itself is insufficient to create value. I have a Ruger handgun that is very unusual, but when I described it to my nephew, he replied: "Oh, you mean it's super-rare but nobody cares!"

A wise young man, and a quote worth remembering...
:>)

Latest posts