LCRx with 3-inch Barrel

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Terry T

Buckeye
http://www.ruger.com/products/lcr/specSheets/5431.html

In .357 mag. would be a good woods or trail gun. Adj. sights shows a whole 'nother direction for these light weight pieces.
Terry T

Ruger listened, and they made it with adjustable sights! Yay! But they really need a 357 Mag version ASAP. I like the grip on it too, looks like a great kit gun. I may have to try one, despite it being a 38 Special...

5431.jpg

Kanook

Buckeye
I dought I will see one in 45LC, but if I see one in .357mag :mrgreen: I might have to get the wife one also. (aw who am I kidding, I'd have to buy two just so I knew I could keep one.)

Only reason we don't have the 357 LCR now is because we haven't seen one in person yet. Still a hot seller here in the South

Laserbait said:
Ruger listened, and they made it with adjustable sights! Yay! But they really need a 357 Mag version ASAP. I like the grip on it too, looks like a great kit gun. I may have to try one, despite it being a 38 Special...

5431.jpg
That too was my first thought. I like the fact that it has a external hammer.

Joe S.

Hunter
While i am not against a 38 special only wheel gun, i would like this one in 357 too!! This model will be irresistable to me.

i think a 22lr would also be irresistable.

Buckeye!

Blackhawk
Wow sounds like a winner... but one in 357mag would be great ...and how about 9mm Luger

Black Dog

Bearcat
I have the original 1 7/8 inchLCR .38 special +P but find the Hogue Tamer grip too short. I wonder if the longer Hogue Tamer grip on this 3 inch LCRx model would fit the grip peg on my gun and if so whether it could be purchased separately from Ruger? Black Dog

black029

Single-Sixer
Black Dog, I would be surprised if all the grips/stocks are not interchangeable on the LCR frame. But it might be awhile before they are separately available, as Ruger will try to put whole guns out there AFAP.

9x19

Hunter
My 2" LCR X will soon have a companion... I emailed the CEO awhile back asking them to expand the X line (you're welcome :mrgreen: ) as I don't pocket carry and prefer the exposed hammer... hope this is just the first step... a .22 in this configuration would be awesome.

BTW, the LCR grips are taller in the back strap so the hammer of the LCR X hits them... but going the other way (LCR X grip on an LCR) shouldn't be an issue.

TucsonDirt

Single-Sixer
drastic_quench said:
Ugly sucker. I can't be the only one put off by plastic revolvers.
I have one with 1 7/8" barrel in 38sp+P, great idea for a carry gun, even fits in cargo shorts pockets.
For a gun like this "form follows function", and looks are secondary to me.
That being said, I don't get making this gun longer --
it reduces its concealability/carry virtues and maybe gets you some muzzle velocity and sight radius.
Seems like it's starting to overlap with the SP101, although granted it's a lot lighter.
I'd rather get the SP101 myself.

Jayhawkhuntclub

Buckeye
I bet that would be a sweet shooting little gun. But good Lord, that is an ugly thing! :shock:
I really don't think the standard LCR is that bad looking (unlike some people), but that 3" is another story.
I also think it would make more sense as a 357, for the purpose of being a trail gun. The problem is the ss frame of the 357 might result in a gun approaching the weight of the sp101.

jrod

Bearcat
I received the e-mail also. I think I like it. As others have said, 22 & 357 would be cool as well. I really like the Grip.
Hogue should make those available for everything.

9x19

Hunter
TucsonDirt said:
drastic_quench said:
Ugly sucker. I can't be the only one put off by plastic revolvers.
I have one with 1 7/8" barrel in 38sp+P, great idea for a carry gun, even fits in cargo shorts pockets.
For a gun like this "form follows function", and looks are secondary to me.
That being said, I don't get making this gun longer --
it reduces its concealability/carry virtues and maybe gets you some muzzle velocity and sight radius.
Seems like it's starting to overlap with the SP101, although granted it's a lot lighter.
I'd rather get the SP101 myself.

The LCR X is also 1/2 the cost of the SP101... for me this will make an excellent woods gun... load it with standard pressure lead bullets and take rabbits easily... and with little destruction of edible meat.

ChiefTJS

Blackhawk
I like it. I think I'd like it more as a .357 simply for the rare occasion I'd want to shoot some in it but truthfully it would be used as a .38spl 99.9% of the time. I think I'll get one.