LCP with polished ported slide / barrel and laserlyte laser

Help Support Ruger Forum:

cdesignspr

Bearcat
After seen a some glocks with ported slide and barrel I decided to do the same to my LCP hard chrome, I end up polishing the slide and removing the hard chrome and factory sights , I don't have signs of rust yet and this LCP shoots like a dream. Almost no recoil at all, and very accurate at 10 yards getting groups of 2" - 3" inches with the laserlyte laser. I did the porting job just for looks, but it improved my accuracy and recoil a lot. I love it.

I was concern about the large port holes, but after shooting 200 rounds thru it and checking the gun every 2 clips, I had no problems at all.

If you decide to do this mod I recomend it.

VIDEO HERE http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPwkpX9M0T8

lcp2.jpg

lcp3c.jpg

lcp4.jpg

lcp5.jpg

cdesignspr

Bearcat
TruthNotRelative said:
That looks awesome. And it's probably now one-of-a-kind, but be careful mentioning lasers here on this forum :lol:

I had to add the red light "laser" because I have no sights :)

GreatNate

Bearcat
So, you ported it yourself, and it reduced the recoil?

I'm asking because my daughter is looking at one of those for a carry piece.

I had read that those kick pretty good...

cdesignspr

Bearcat
GreatNate said:
So, you ported it yourself, and it reduced the recoil?

I'm asking because my daughter is looking at one of those for a carry piece.

I had read that those kick pretty good...

I did the porting myself it really reduce the recoil, If you see in the video my hand doesn't move much. It s a dream to shot now. I will do the same to my other guns, I know my wife will love to shot this one, she won't be scared of the recoil.

GreatNate

Bearcat
I'm not a machinist, but I'm a ninja with a drill...

When ever I have drilled through something, there are burrs on the side where the bit comes through.

In this case, that would be the barrel...did you have burrs on the inside of the barrel, and how did you manage that issue?

cdesignspr

Bearcat
GreatNate said:
I'm not a machinist, but I'm a ninja with a drill...

When ever I have drilled through something, there are burrs on the side where the bit comes through.

In this case, that would be the barrel...did you have burrs on the inside of the barrel, and how did you manage that issue?

I used a very small round file to remove the burrs, I inserted the file into the hole an with a circular motion removed the burrs.

pocketrocket47

Bearcat
cdesignpr: any barrel flaming issues? I assume the barrel is also Chrome. Also, I noticed in your youtube video that there was quite a large flame coming out of the ports, is that normal, any danger or "backsplash"? Thanks for your response.

Cool looking gun. Willing to sell it?

Rockimook

Bearcat
How good is that Laserlyte? Is it bright, easy to adjust, easy to access the battery? I like the fact that it doesn't change the look of the gun like others. I'm thinking about getting one for my soon to come LCP, that or a Crimson Trace.