LCP updated slide assy?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

purebred

Bearcat
I contacted Ruger service about a couple of FTE issues I had with Monarch ammo and they sent me a new slide assy with barrel. (Excellent service) The new slide is different in a couple of ways. The firing pin retainer pin comes in the side now instead of the top, bottom. Also the extractor seems to be redesigned as well. Gone is the small hole to remove it and replaced by a small pin. Anyone else have this new slide assembly ? Tried to take a couple pictures of what I am talking about. Hope you can see it.

Attachments

• 20230213_101050.jpg
    20230213_101050.jpg
    357 KB · Views: 166
  • 20230213_101105.jpg
    20230213_101105.jpg
    190 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:

NC FNS

Single-Sixer
My Prescott LCP has been fine, probably 500 rounds thru it. I bought a new 10th anniversary one later as a backup. Made in Mayodan. It developed the extraction problem after less than 100 rounds. Ruger put a new slide and barrel on it. Great customer service.
Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but the new slide looks like they pulled a regular one off the line and spray-painted it silver. And my original barrel had a double-strike where it said "380 AUTO", which they didn't return. Double-strikes can be valuable on coins, not sure about barrels.

DaveWallace

Bearcat
My extractor blew out at around 250 rounds. I sent in the entire gun and it was returned within 2 weeks with improvements detailed in the previous posts. I swear it looks brand New. Incredible service.

purebred

Bearcat
The service is top notch. My gun was 1 month old and I merely asked about a replacement extractor and asked if I could replace it myself and the Girl said she would send one out. When i received the new slide and barrel I was pleasantly surprised.