LCP trade in value

Help Support Ruger Forum:

AZSR9fan

Bearcat
I traded the LCP I got in 2009 today for a new SR9c. I got 39% of the original price toward the trade in. Is that a "fair" amount in your experience?

Thanks!

collectormzornes

Blackhawk
39% does not sound like much that means if you paid $300 you got less than $120 trade in. I value my LCP more than that myself, but if you got what you want and your happy then whose to say. I have found the best way to come out ahead on trades is to just trade cash and keep your other firearms.

GKC

Blackhawk
AZSR9fan said:
I traded the LCP I got in 2009 today for a new SR9c. I got 39% of the original price toward the trade in. Is that a "fair" amount in your experience?

Thanks!

That doesn't sound like much, but it's hard to say without knowing the condition of your LCP. Also, there just isn't much margin on inexpensive pistols...it's hard for a gun shop to sell a used LCP for $250 when you can buy a brand new one for $299, so they will offer you less, to allow them some room to price it where they can make a profit.

tookalisten

Blackhawk
Yeah, hard to determine what is "fair" for a trade-in. If you are happy with the SR9C, then it was a good deal for you.

E

Single-Sixer
I'm not absolutely certain, but I seem to remember my favorite dealer telling me that dealer price for an LCP is around $200 -- not much margin for a dealer to make much on a used one when there's not much margin even on a new one.

Armybrat

Buckeye
I traded an AMT .380 SA Backup (in box) and a Kel-tec P3AT (in box) for $335 credit towards a new Kahr CW45 three weeks ago at my LGS.

I had paid $125 new for the AMT - it proved to be a jamomatic, and $210 new for the P3AT (which finally ran smooth after some fuff & buff), plus $10 for an extra magazine. Just liked my LCP a whole lot better.

Not too bad, IMO

hittman

Staff member
Can't say if that is fair or reasonable but ..... I recently bought one used in mint condition without the box for $175.00 from a local store.

e3mrk

Bearcat
I was going to trade My GP-100 357 Magnum with 6" Barrel at Gander Mountain for a Pistol worth $100.00 more and They had the nerve to tell Me that $100.00 was all They would give Me in trade.
I wont be trading any time in the future anymore.

JohnW

Bearcat
AZSR9fan said:
AZSR9fan said:
I got $215 for the LCP as the trade in for the SR9c. That included the Crimson Trace.

Are you sure you hit the right buttons on the calculator? Because otherwise it would appear that you paid $551.28 for an LCP and Crimson Trace laser ( :shock: ) a couple years ago...

Ratster

Bearcat
Possible I guess. Check the MSRP for an LCP and the CT Laser separately. There are shops that do charge that much. Stopped in a place that had an SR9c marked at $479. Didn't pay anything near that for mine, but evidently some people do because those shops remain open everyday.

LCP from Bass Pro Shops is 329.00 CT laser is 219.00

Latest posts