LC9 Stainless Steel Guide Rod Testing & Review!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Stimo3

Single-Sixer
Phila PD said:
Stimo3

We are not condemning the product your pushing but the manner your doing it in.

Your entire "Review" is coming off as a sales pitch being very transparent and since you have not given members of this forum any other reason to believe your claims other then a few photos of a buffed out metal guild rod who knows if your test claims are real or fabricated.

What your connection to the manufacturer of these guide rods is unclear but I don't see why you would invest hundred of dollars in ammunition to "Proof" a $25.00 product that you have no stake in.

Once you started to take names to pass on to the manufacturer for production numbers this thread appeared nothing more then a infomercial.

Your best bet is to discontinue posting until established members of this forum post what results they have had with this guild rod, your only hurting sales with your furthering of this thread.
Well if u would have read before these posts you would see that I spent ~200 on ammo to test it for me because I believe steel is better than plastic, and for the better of the community, so they have more options for their guns.. I don't care what these haters think, if u don't like it/want it or don't like my responses don't buy it.. There's plenty of people that want them so the couple people I offend with my post doesn't bother me on the least.. Again, I get nothing if the rod succeeds so I dont care if a couple people don't buy it because of my responses. I put out the information as I got it, that guide rod is pictured as is, no "buffing" to it done whatsoever.

Also, I'm not a professional at testing products for guns which is why I had steve bedair inspect the guide rod and let him determine if it was adequate, I just made sure it wasn't doing Any damage to my gun or make any noticeable unnecessary wear on any parts.. The best way to document this is with pictures, if u know a better way please let me know. If your telling me to post numbers of measurements, forget it as the haters would just call it BS, so I took pictures for proof because a picture doesn't lie.

Go ahead and think what u haters want to think. Maybe u guys didn't catch this, but I DON'T CARE what anyone thinks, I simply tested a product for a company and I'm leaving it at that, you conspiracy theorists can keep conspiring, enjoy! ;)

Stimo3

Single-Sixer
Cheesewhiz said:
You really need to read my posts, actually you probably should read your own before hitting the "submit" button.
I find this all quite hilarious and enlightening, please go on. I believe whatever you have or better yet, are afflicted with appears to be catching, so that's somewhat a bonus.

I'll stick with Deepwoods for now. LOL

You say you're going to stay out and not post, yet you keep posting. You obviously are a liar and don't stick to your word, not to mention it's obvious you like to troll, otherwise you wouldn't be posting in here as you have made it VERY clear what you think. :lol: right back at you ;), i'd love to post what some of the other forum members have said about you but i promised i wouldn't, and i stick to my word unlike you. Until you back up one of your statements with some factual information, the people that know what BS is all know you're a BS'r...

:lol: But go ahead and keep posting your "opinions," cuz obviously your word means nothing and you're going to keep posting BS even though you said you wren't going to post here anymore. It's just discrediting you more and more, especially when i have a actual competition shooter that i've been talking to that's going to come in and explain exactly why you're full of it. I had him read the thread and he literally started laughing when you kept repeating everything you've said about the rod that's negative, which is everything you've said, yet you have no FACTS to back it up. So i have a professional shooter that competes, and when he can use a SS guide rod, ~90% of them do. The other ~10% stick with the factory rod since that's what they practice with all the time and they don't want to change anything that will affect their shooting. Now if a SS guide rod did nothing, why would it affect their shooting? :lol:

Even Galloway posted in the thread that changing up the balance/weight of the gun effects recoil, and changing the spring rate as well effects it. He is a professional in his business and i believe NONE of these companies would be in business, especially Steve Bedair who ONLY makes SS guide rods, if they did absolutely nothing.

So there's two manufacturers that state otherwise, although with all your crazy conspiracy theories you're going to say that they're full of BS because that's their business, which is why i contacted a professional shooter (who gains nothing either way) that will back up everything that both manufacturers claim, what i've experienced, as well as what others have experienced with the SS guide rod.

So according to you all the professional shooters are wrong and the "difference" is all in their heads, the manufacturers are wrong, and you, with your "expert" experience and "training" in the field is correct and voids what everyone else says/notices?? :lol: You're right, this is getting funny, at your expense ;) You should actually read what you write before you post it, and maybe try and add a FACT to what you're stating, at least one instead of just your "opinion," because again your opinion holds NO WEIGHT after the claims you've made!

Phila PD

Bearcat
OMG......:shock:

Banging Head Against Wall.....:!:

There is no getting Thu to this youngster..... :roll:

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
This really is turning into the Rugerforum's version of the famous GlockTalk "Mall Ninja" thread.

...but in that thread the poster was just having some insane fun with the forum by the later accounts that I read.

The troubling thing here and what makes this even funnier, stranger and bizarre is I think he's actually serious.

I will point out that this guy came in with outlandish general statements about almost all pistols in a thread about putting an aftremarket guiderod in an LC9.
He has changed his original posts many times in this thread and other threads, you can look at his edit counts if you would like. I've been on this forum for a bit of time and my edited posts in that time do not come close to his edit count.

His statements about pistols and the design of them were mostly all encompassing and as I said before truly outlandish. He has since changed these posts, some over and over without statement, probably with some outside influence. His real and/or imaginary lieutenants have done him no favors in their support.

...but it is appreciated as it has made this thread even more crazy funny.

Some on this forum know that I normally have a few project guns in the fire at any one time. I do use some aftermarket parts in their build but I do an awful lot of research before plunking my dollars down on those parts. When I find a suitable project gun, I normally have an idea on a direction for that project.
I will say this, it is very easy to turn a $400 pistol into a $600 to $700 pistol that isn't even as good as some other $500 pistol.

A fool and his money are soon parted.

Stimo3

Single-Sixer
Cheesewhiz said:
This really is turning into the Rugerforum's version of the famous GlockTalk "Mall Ninja" thread.

...but in that thread the poster was just having some insane fun with the forum by the later accounts that I read.

The troubling thing here and what makes this even funnier, stranger and bizarre is I think he's actually serious.

I will point out that this guy came in with outlandish general statements about almost all pistols in a thread about putting an aftremarket guiderod in an LC9.
He has changed his original posts many times in this thread and other threads, you can look at his edit counts if you would like. I've been on this forum for a bit of time and my edited posts in that time do not come close to his edit count.

His statements about pistols and the design of them were mostly all encompassing and as I said before truly outlandish. He has since changed these posts, some over and over without statement, probably with some outside influence. His real and/or imaginary lieutenants have done him no favors in their support.

...but it is appreciated as it has made this thread even more crazy funny.

Some on this forum know that I normally have a few project guns in the fire at any one time. I do use some aftermarket parts in their build but I do an awful lot of research before plunking my dollars down on those parts. When I find a suitable project gun, I normally have an idea on a direction for that project.
I will say this, it is very easy to turn a $400 pistol into a $600 to $700 pistol that isn't even as good as some other $500 pistol.

A fool and his money are soon parted.

Good for you, i have thoughts afterwords and edit my posts because of that, not to change anything. I've edited 2-3 statements i made that weren't COMPLETELY correct so i modified them to be correct as to not pass out false information, but again, opinions are a dime a dozen, and again I DON"T CARE.. I it here and get a kick out of you guys for getting so serious over a stupid thread, you guys obviously have WAY too much time on your hands :lol: Enjoy bashing people over the internet, i think internet thugs like you are funny because this is the only place you/they can get away with talking crap to people without getting beat up/slapped. so enjoy!

Anyways, just wanted to update a little since i have been ut of town and shooting a lot, i'm getting close to 2k rounds through the LC9 with the SS guide rod in place without any problems and still functioning much better with the SS guide rod compared to the stock one, just got back from Vegas where i did some shooting with my brother which is why i haven't been able to update any threads in a while. But wanted to let everyone that is interested know that everything is still functioning great and i haven't had a single misfire/problem since installing the SS guide rod.

EDIT: (hey im changing my post! :roll: ) Funny how you "haters" that swear a SS guide rod for the LC9 does absolutely nothing for the gun aren't saying ONE WORD in the Galloway Precision thread. What's the matter?? :idea: Like i said, most of the people that have read what the haters have said know that you back nothing up with facts and just throw out your "professional" opinions.. :lol: Now other companies are starting to catch up and make them too.. hmmmm... :wink:

Phila PD

Bearcat
Good Lord...................

He's back and just after I gave him credit that maybe he realized the best way to promote his cause was to allow unbiased members to post actual results with this product and not continued rambling which is producing nothing more then wasted forum space.

And before you call me a "Hater" its not the product your pushing that compels me to post in this thread but the manner which you do so.

So please don't take this personal but I consider your lack of finesse and the articulation of your posts a flaw that make them appear as a infomercial and not that of a honest product review.

Reconsider my prior advice and allow this thread to go dormant until independent and unbiased member reviews are posted.

Stimo3

Single-Sixer
Phila PD said:
Good Lord...................

He's back and just after I gave him credit that maybe he realized the best way to promote his cause was to allow unbiased members to post actual results with this product and not continued rambling which is producing nothing more then wasted forum space.

And before you call me a "Hater" its not the product your pushing that compels me to post in this thread but the manner which you do so.

So please don't take this personal but I consider your lack of finesse and the articulation of your posts a flaw that make them appear as a infomercial and not that of a honest product review.

Reconsider my prior advice and allow this thread to go dormant until independent and unbiased member reviews are posted.

Maybe you didn't see my post earlier, but again, I DONT CARE what people think. Again, opinions are a dime a dozen and you're just another "opinion." I've gotten numerous emails from people that appreciate what i'm doing for the community and to keep it up, i've gotten PLENTY more of those responses than i have negative ones, not to mention all i did was test a product for the community so believe what you want, i really could care less. Many people are extremely happy with them and i havent heard of one problem with any gun. I now have ~3k rounds through my LC9 with the SS guide rod and it still is functioning flawlessly. @ ~15yds. now i can shoot it well enough to have all rounds touching each other most of the time, so it took a while but i've gotten very good with this little pistol IMO, finally shooting it on par with my compact .40..

Phila PD

Bearcat
OK Junior,

I guess thats your story and if you believe it hard enough then maybe it will became true. You keep missing the point that "I DON'T CARE" about the item your peddling but the transparent infomercial you claim as a review.

Who knows what your angle is and maybe your just trying to kiss up to some manufacturers for some free gear but if thats the way you roll then more power to you.

Just don't sell your snake oil and expect everyone to swallow it. :roll:

jstanfield103

Blackhawk
All I know is that I purchased the SS steel guide rod for my SR9c and love it. It makes the gun look a hell of a lot better, and I believe operate smother to. In fact I liked mine so much I also ordered the Aluminum Striker Indicator, Heavy Striker Spring, Ghost Rocket Trigger, CCW trigger kit springs and polished plunger. I am now waiting to order the SS D shaped extended mag release and the SS LCI Plug that Eric is making.
The gun shoots a lot better ( trigger is unbelievable) smoother than ever. So don't knock it if you have not tried it. It made this gun my favorite gun that I own now. I actually shoot it as well as my P90.

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
jstanfield103 said:
All I know is that I purchased the SS steel guide rod for my SR9c and love it. It makes the gun look a hell of a lot better, and I believe operate smother to. In fact I liked mine so much I also ordered the Aluminum Striker Indicator, Heavy Striker Spring, Ghost Rocket Trigger, CCW trigger kit springs and polished plunger. I am now waiting to order the SS D shaped extended mag release and the SS LCI Plug that Eric is making.
The gun shoots a lot better ( trigger is unbelievable) smoother than ever. So don't knock it if you have not tried it. It made this gun my favorite gun that I own now. I actually shoot it as well as my P90.

This thread is about the super magic qualities of an itsy bitsy metal guiderod in an LC9. At first it was how all plastic guiderods in all pistols wear and break and that a metal guiderod makes the LC9 more accurate because it stiffens the slide to the frame. Both of those things as stated are absolute BULL CRAP when taken as a general statement.

I love the Ruger SR9C, I think it might be the best semi-auto that Ruger has ever made.

That being said, so you added $130.50 plus shipping to a $400 and something gun and are willing to add about another $60 plus shipping to it and you shoot it about as well as a $450 dollar gun, interesting.

Mike J

Hunter
I'll probably regret asking this but Stimo3 if you don't care why do you keep responding?

If I feel apathetic about something I don't exert much effort over it. This thread has been drug out for 8 pages.

jstanfield103

Blackhawk
Yep that's right, I love up grading my guns. That's what makes you happy. It's my money and I don't knock you for the way you spend you're money. Just like my motor cycles or my Truck, I will add and do things to them also. I do my best to help stimulate the economy. I don't buy Rugers because they are cheap I buy them because I like them. If I can make improvements I will and enjoy doing it. Just like my Ruger Mark III all up graded.
I never said that there was any super magic qualities of the guide rod, I just do not like the cheap looks of the plastic guide rod, the SS looks one hell of a lot better and makes the gun look like a good watch instead of a cheap WalMart brand.
All I was saying I like the SS guide Rod, and all the other components of Galloway.
And yes a fool and his money, but it is my money and if it makes me happy and the way I up grade my guns I must be that fool and I don't mind. I make enough.
I am not here to trash anyone, and I won't start. You know more about guns than I do, you have several more posts than I do. So who am I to make any comments on anything?

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
jstanfield103, my whole point is call it the bling that it is, steamo wants to attribute some life altering aspects to a flippin' guiderod.

...and in the meantime he trashes an awful lot of other excellent pistol designs.

...and calls others that disagree, children, liars and such.

... and continues a truly stupid thread.

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
As best I can tell, the biggest issue someone would have with the LC9 is the trigger, when talking about percieved accuracy. A guide rod will not fix that.

(BTW 2/3rds of the guiderod on an LC9 sits behind the trigger guard, a metal one will not add enough weight to even talk about muzzle flip reduction.)

I can understand an owner wanting and possibly pursuing a better trigger for the pistol, even if it was just to have more fun at the range.
Putting better sights on a gun is important to many an owner for the same reason.

Having a pretty gun is a nice thing for most gunowners.
...but making a gun pretty doesn't make it better or more accurate. It just makes the owner happy and that's fine.

Stimo3

Single-Sixer
Well i prefer metal over plastic, especially on a part of the gun that deals with recoil forces. I don't want my cheap plastic guide rod to break, or get hung up with the spring because of wear. I dont have that problem with the metal guide rod installed, it seems that MANY people, no matter what company, are having success with the SS guide rods in the LC9. Yes the weight difference is extremely minute, but on a gun that weighs ~15oz., every little bit helps, and maybe you don't notice a difference with one in because you're not shooting the gun to it's potential. Once you put thousands of rounds through it and learn the trigger pull, grip, etc., when doing double taps i noticed my groupings were tighter. Maybe it was just practice, maybe it was the guide rod, maybe it was a bit of both. Im thinking it was a bit of both since i feel a bit less recoil with the SS rod installed. There is no "flexing" of the rod, so this in turn will reduce recoil as the spring is doing the work instead of the spring and part of the rod.
And again, everyone can think/say what they want but i don't care, once again i tested a product for the community and about 1/4 of you bash me for it, so from now on i won't deal with testing parts for the community anymore as it's not worth the trouble if people are going to act like they know what they're talking about and not answer any questions you ask them, it's kind of hard to argue with someone who only likes to hear themselves talk ;)
Anyways there's quite a few other companies coming out with a SS guide rod for the LC9 now so obviously i did something right and people are starting to realize it wont hurt your gun, if anything it improves the look/quality/performance of the gun. Some people won't agree, but this is my opinion as i backed it up with pictures, target shooting at different distances, different types of shooting (accuracy, double-taps, and draw fire), and documented it all for people to see. This is the best way i know how to show a difference, by real world tests.
BTW i'm 5K+ rounds now through my LC9 with the SS guide rod and it looks like it still has just a couple hundred rounds through it, made a TINY bit of contact with the barrel (at the beginning of course) but nothing that you can see unless held up to the light in the perfect position. And again, other companies are following Mr. Bedair's lead so he obviously did something right or other companies wouldnt be offering them, so to all you haters that said it's going to hurt the gun like the kel-tec, etc. since they're too close in design, well, you obviously were wrong. IMO kel-tecs are a POS, just look at how many recalls/problems people have had with their products and it's enough for me to not even want to consider one.

GeorgeP

Single-Sixer
Stimo3, I don't really know why you waste your time with the nimrods on this or any other thread that just love to bash and flame. They make it sound good, but it's still bashing and flaming. I made some "improvements" on my LC9 that greatly enhanced the trigger action and overall shootability (that a word?) of the gun without sacrificing safety. When I posted my mods (not recommendations) I felt the flames. I still have the LC9. It's still modified. It's still safe. It still shoots great. I've never posted on that thread again and won't on this one either. The flame throwers really need to find something constructive to do. Life is too short and precious to waste on nimrods.

jinksnyou

Bearcat
Stimo3, In the process of testing your concept and by making you practice more and trying harder to prove the accuracy and no wear results has made you a better shot with this gun than most of us on here. "Congratulations on being a good shot with an LC9" :)