Lawyers pay

Help Support Ruger Forum:

gnappi

Blackhawk
Paraphrased Robin Williams quote... "What's the difference between a rat and an attorney? There are some things even a rat will not do" :)

Down here the vast majority of billboard signs on the interstates are for attorneys, "If you don't win, we don't get paid".

While the legal contingency fees do give access to the legal system to people who could not otherwise afford legal counsel, BUT it also opened a flood of frivolous, baseless and fraudulent lawsuits that homeowners, small businesses, insurance agencies, and large corporations have to endure.

Interesting page on the growth of lawyers in the U.S.

My lawyer's brother in law also an attorney took on a law suit for a client on the contingency that if he won he would get 10% of the settlement.... when I tell this to folks they say there is no way a lawyer would stoop so low of a percentage... well he won... the settlement was for something like 630 Million dollars.....do the math, he retired.

Well,, let's see,, Bank of America is often thought of as a thief & such.
Lawyers are considered thieves & lower than whale dung.

Maybe one thief felt the other thief owed him something?
I am sure that there are some honest lawyers but I have never met one. Most should have a urinal instead of a gravestone... I know that after I have coffee I have "visited" the graves of certain people and paid the proper respects.

g5m

Blackhawk
My lawyer's brother in law also an attorney took on a law suit for a client on the contingency that if he won he would get 10% of the settlement.... when I tell this to folks they say there is no way a lawyer would stoop so low of a percentage... well he won... the settlement was for something like 630 Million dollars.....do the math, he retired.
10%? Around here they charge 30%-35%.

I have met very honest attorneys. And also the others. I may have mentioned a story before of an instance where a plastic surgeon I knew was on an "I hate lawyers" rant. I just said to him, "Okay. But if you ever have to go to court you might want one on your side". He calmed down a little bit.

Latest posts